This is the Message Centre for beatle

Hello There...

Post 1

Rat, who can't remember his way round this bloody thing.

If this is ID number 2, I'm guessing you've already been ACEd at the old name so I'll miss out the boring stuff smiley - winkeye

Are you finding your way around ok?

If you're still looking for somewhere to get started, just click on my name and be smiley - magic teleported to my personal space which has some useful (and plenty more not-useful) links laying around.

If you've got any questions, just hit reply and I'll come running smiley - winkeye

And in the meantime, have some smiley - tea and smiley - cakesmiley - smiley

Hello There...

Post 2

beatle

Thanks for the welcome and yeah I've been ACEd before smiley - smiley

No worries on finding my way around and if I could just figure out guideML ( or even html for that matter) I'd start trying to write some entries!

Hello There...

Post 3

well theres the guideml clinic over at http://www.bbc.co.uk/h2g2/guide/guideml-clinic

And theres a nice little trick too - replace the 'U' number in the address of a Personal Page with the word, 'testuserpage' -- this will launch a system analysis of the page, and reveal the 'code'

A similar trick for article pages:

Replace the 'A' with the word, 'test'

That way, you can learn by stealing other peoples pages instead of going the long way around smiley - winkeye

Hello There...

Post 4

beatle

hmmmmm a lazy way out. I like it smiley - winkeye

Thanks!

Hello There...

Post 5

well thats exactly what I did smiley - oksmiley - cheers

Hello There...

Post 6

beatle

Geez, I just checked it out and thats even easier than I thought.

I assumed I'd have to do all sorts of little tricks to make the pages organised but all you need to do is put and other minor things!? Phew even I can manage that and I barely know squat about html and such things!

Thanks for the trick!

Hello There...

Post 7

its a lot easier than you'd think theres still a few things that can be awkward (like doing the colours in hex) and a few annoying things (like as a line break) but you'll pick it up as you go along...I put it off for about 3 months and didn't learn till I was nagged at but there was no need to put it off.

If you have any problems, you'd be best off asking a guru (the technical wizards around these parts). Theres a drop down menu of them on my personal space if you need it smiley - ok

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for beatle

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more