A Conversation for Discussions Relating to the Lifetime Ban of Arpeggio

Lifetime suspension

Post 1

Mark Moxon

Hi everyone. I'm sorry to have to report that we have just banned Arpeggio from h2g2 for life. Please read the following before assuming anything - it's left us really shocked that this should happen on h2g2, to be honest. Arpeggio posted the following, apparently innocuous message 17 hours ago, and even drew our attention to it as an 'in joke': *** The bXXXXst XXoXXXXs Xt the XXXXnt are the fact that bXXh XXXk and XXXa are XXXpleXX XXXXXs, one beXXXXX XX's a XXXe-tXX-XXighX XXeazX XoXXXXXian, XXX Xhe XXXer XXXXXse XhX's XXmply XXffXXXng XXXm XXXe sXrt of pXrXXXlXXy XXsXXXXr, which renXXXX hXX uXXXt for thXX or anX XXher XXb (XXd help hXX oXXXpXXXg). XX thXX XXuld Xake theXX XXXXs, XnseXt thXX in tXXXX XXctXXX, (XXXX'XX XXch big XXXXoles, tXXXe XXX't be any tXXuXXe gXXXXXg the rXXXXXoks in pXXt tXXXr XXXXs) and go away, thXX XXuld be a XXXXly XXjoXXXle and inXXXesXXXg wXXXXXe. As it is, thXX and tXXXX fXXXkXXs aXX just mXXXfXXXXrXXg a XXsfuXXXiXXXl and dXXentXX fXXXXy aXXX from XXme, and XX'd aXXXXt XXXher eaX a bulXXt. TXX XXXXle, hXXXvXr, XXX XXstly vXXy deXXnt, thXXgh XXXre XXe tXXXe XhX rXXXly XXXuld XXver haXX waXXed theXX pXXXntX' gXXm cXXls aXX if that fuXXXng XXwisX XXerXXan PXXnceXX doXX XXt XXut hXX ovXXXorXXd faXX and XXXn, soXXXne is goiXX to XXXe to dXXXXXowXX her. XXe and XXXt inXXXt XXXm XXll, XXayXXy XXXorXXX, and XXX tXXX XerveXX who XXXted on oXX XXXe, XXe oXXXwhXXXiXXXy oXXXxXXXs. BXXXcXXXy, tXXX juXX fucXXX XXcks aXX wX hXXe the XXXtXXs XXXe a lot of fun iXXlXXXXtXXX rules against XXXXXs, beXXXXe that XXXXs to be thXXX XXXX aXXXXpXXsXXXnt. Now you know. Kurtis, for LeKZ *** It's here (we've left it visible so you can see it): Posting 69 in http://www.bbc.co.uk/h2g2/guide/F774&thread=119042&skip=60&show=20 and she then brought it to Peta's attention here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/h2g2/guide/F63567?thread=127518 We just thought it was a bit of bizarre fun, but one of our more respectable Researchers yikesed it and said "I like puzzles of all sorts, and it seems to me that filling in the XXXs in this post could produce a message". (S)he came up with the following translation. Initially we were sceptical, but it speaks for itself. We've ***'d out the words that break the House Rules, but it's not a pleasant message. *** The biggest problems at the moment are the fact that both Mark and Peta are XXXpleXX XXXXXs, one because he's a none-too-bright sleazy politician, and the other because she's simply suffering from some sort of personality disorder which renders her unfit for this or any other job (God help her offspring). If they would take their rules, insert them in their rectums, (they're such big a******s, there won't be any trouble getting the rulebooks in past their XXXXs) and go away, this would be a really enjoyable and interesting website. As it is, they and their flunkeys are just mXXXfXXXXrXXg a XXsfuXXXiXXXl and dXXentXX fXXXXy away from home, and we'd almost rather eat a bullet. The people, however, are mostly very decent, though there are those who really should never have wasted their parent's germ cells and if that f*****g Jewish American Princess does not shut her overworked face and soon, someone is going to have to disembowel her. She and that insect from hell, Playboy Reporter, and XXX that pervert who posted on our page, are overwhelmingly obnoxious. Basically, this just f***** sucks and we hope the XXXtXXs have a lot of fun implementing rules against XXXXXs, because that seems to be their only accomplishment. Now you know. Kurtis, for LeKZ *** I doubt we need to fill in the other X's to get the gist (but feel free if you like). :-( Obviously this is extremely hurtful, and we've expelled her for good. It's not acceptable behaviour to post this sort of thing, even in code, and Peta is especially hurt about the dig at her children. Thanks for listening. Let's just hope she finds a different website to target next time. Mark

Lifetime suspension

Post 2

Mark Moxon

I should also point out that anyone posting messages from the holder of the Arpeggio account risks being banned from h2g2 for life, as per the House Rules.

Please don't get yourself kicked off h2g2 just because she couldn't obey the rules and be pleasant.

Thanks!

Mark

Lifetime suspension

Post 3

E G Mel

My sympathies are with you, it is not a nice message and one I wish could have been prevented. smiley - sadface

smiley - cheerup But life goes on...

Mel smiley - hsif

Lifetime suspension

Post 4

Orcus

smiley - hugs Mark and Peta.

I wish more researches could meet you guys and find out the reality rather than assume rubbish that isn't true.

Life will certainly be quieter without Arpeggio.

Lifetime suspension

Post 5

E G Mel

Yes, lots of smiley - hugs You work so hard and deserve much more respect smiley - smiley

Mel smiley - hsif

Lifetime suspension

Post 6

Monsignore Pizzafunghi Bosselese

Yepp! Fully agreed.

smiley - hug

Bossel

Lifetime suspension

Post 7

Mother of God, Empress of the Universe

smiley - hug for Mark and Peta. Your job isn't an easy one.

I'm saddened beyond words that this happened.

smiley - rose
MoG

Lifetime suspension

Post 8

Menza

That was way out of line, I've been to lots of get togethers and all the staff are great. I have no idea how anyone could come to believe in and say such things.

Arpeggio has been kicking up a stink since day one, and it seems some people never know when to quit. Whilst its a shame that someone had to be band at all, there was no other choice in this case. And I think there are a few Subs who can breath a sigh of relief now.

Lifetime suspension

Post 9

Orcus

And I think there are a few Subs who can breath a sigh of relief now.

I don't doubt that for a second smiley - laugh

Lifetime suspension

Post 10

E G Mel

Why was she putting you out of a job smiley - winkeye

Mel smiley - hsif

Lifetime suspension

Post 11

Mr. Cogito

Well, it's an appalling message, and I understand totally why this course of action had to be taken, but it's always unfortunate to see something like this happen. smiley - sadface

Lifetime suspension

Post 12

Martin Harper

> "Arpeggio has been kicking up a stink since day one"

That's just not true. But hey, never mind the facts.

Lifetime suspension

Post 13

Mark Moxon

Well, we've been receiving complaints about Arpeggio from the Community for a considerable amount of time, so it depends on your interpretation of 'kicking up a stink'.

As I said to you elsewhere, Lucinda, you are not in possession of all the facts about what happens on h2g2. So yeah, you never mind the facts either, as you don't know all of them in this case.

smiley - hug anyway...

Lifetime suspension

Post 14

Mikey the Humming Mouse - A3938628 Learn More About the Edited Guide!

Let me second Lucinda's comment here and add a few of my own.

Yes, Arpeggio has been involved in several online arguments and a few near online riots, some of which were partially of her own making. And yes, this last message was so incredibly and clearly out of line, inappropriate, and hurtful, that I imagine we all fully support the italic decision here -- I know I do.

However, she still *is* a human person, and I hope we can all rise to the occasion and not serve digs and insults back at her when she's no longer allowed to respond in turn. She may not be able to post here, but she can still read everything that's posted. Public stonings may give the mob some moments of self-righteousness, but I don't think they're good for the community in the long run.

smiley - blue
Mikey

Lifetime suspension

Post 15

Martin Harper

> "Well, we've been receiving complaints about Arpeggio from the Community for a considerable amount of time"

But not, I suspect, since "day one", which was what was said?

Lifetime suspension

Post 16

I'm not really here

Lucinda, why pick holes in the exact wording? Kicking up a stink isn't something that was meant to be literal, and nor was from day one either I suspect. I know she was your friend, but she went too far. She doesn't deserve your loyalty.

Lifetime suspension

Post 17

Mikey the Humming Mouse - A3938628 Learn More About the Edited Guide!

Hey, Mark, we simulposted there.

Just thought I'd clarify that in the post above (where I agreed with Lucinda) I'm not denying that Arpeggio created and/or flamed some problems here on h2g2, but I also don't think it's accurate for people to assume that her influence here at h2g2 was all negative. On the positive side, she made many friends on site, started and contributed to many incredibly interesting conversations, and wrote some great entries. Unfortunately, this latest incident would have been enough to overwhelm all her positive contributions, even if she hadn't been warned about inappropriate behavior before. smiley - blue

I realize that we, the researchers, don't know everything about the situation. That means that we have to interpret the situation using what we know, adding in the fact that we know that you and Peta are people who have repeatedly shown that they deserve the trust and respect of the community here.

I know if I was in your or Peta's situation, I would be feeling rather shaken and upset right now in addition to angry -- please have some smiley - hug and smiley - choc and pass some on to Peta.

smiley - blue
Mikey the mouse, who's not humming today

Lifetime suspension

Post 18

Tango

Hi,

It's a real pity things like this have to happen. smiley - smiley

Has anyone else ever been banned for life? or is this a first for h2g2?

Tango

Lifetime suspension

Post 19

Tango

Oops!

That smiley - smiley should have been a smiley - sadface , sorry for any offence caused there.

Tango

Lifetime suspension

Post 20

$u$

smiley - hugsmiley - cuddle for the Italics. If only Arpeggio knew how great you guys really are. You certainly don't deserve that kind of treatment... no-one does.smiley - sadface

I'm truly sorry to see Arpeggio go. Along with Lucinda, I spoke to Arp early on, and never had any problems. I wasn't involved and haven't read any of the cited posts, but I'm not oblivious to what's been going on. I think it's a pity it came to this.

I appreciate the effort you made at The Towers... not everyone would have bothered.smiley - hug

'Sus ~waving goodbye to Arpeggio~

Key: Complain about this post