A Conversation for Moon Landings - Fact or Fiction?

Question G

Post 1

Water Eat

In answer to question G.

I'm no expert, but I presume that there is a lot more resources and energy required to ferry men and equipment back and forth to the moon than there is to put objects into near earth orbit.

Apart from anything else, docking in space is probably a lot easier than landing on another celestial body with equipment that is both very heavy and very delicate. Taking off again from said celestial body would also require a lot of energy / payload.

Besides, isn't the purpose of the space station to have a *zero gravity* environment in which to conduct scientific experiments. Zero gravity is something that's not available on the surface of the moon.

Question G

Post 2

nine.bar

...And is'nt it a coincidence that the moon landings are at the same time as all the bad press that the USA were getting over in Vietnam?
In fact conflict ended soon after. Remind you of the smoke screen tactics that came to light after september 11th? Dont trust the powers and systems, its all propaganda, covering up for something else. If you ask me, the whole world is a big farm, being tended by an elite few, looking down on the masses from their high, hidden positions of rule, waiting for the big crop, and as soon as the harvest is ripe, goodbye reality, hello intergalactic hot-pot!!!
No, im not mad but it does make you wonder....just what are they trying to cover up at any given moment in time?.......tell you what i believe?.....I know nothing.
Ignorance is bliss......Just stare at the TV, eat your TV dinner whilst watching Blind Date like a gold fish in a bowl..."Look at the castle...Look at the castle!"
Have to say tho ive checked a book on the moon landings in my local library, published in 1972, last print 1976 and was, i have to say dissapointed to see that the discrepencies with the photo's were consistant with that of the conspiracy theory followers.....And as an open minded sceptic thats come up with every head bending theory possible, waffling to the wind in times of altered states, solving the questions held in mans curious mind,
i have to conclude.....There was no moon landing.
with this knowledge in hand i feel less paranoid but still will question all till i have reality by the gonads and give them a good squeeze.
Ok Moon walkers, thats yours...who's next?

Laters, 9bar

Question G

Post 3

Miss Tish

How unfortunate it is to have even a vague realisation that the moon landings are fake. For us 60's children, who watched and waited with our fathers for these 'historical' events, the pride felt and conveyed by said fathers now seems 'hysterical'! I remember reeling from my fathers' excitement as Neil and Buz supposedly took their first tentative steps on the lunar surface. A sense of pride at being privileged enough to be born in a time where Space Travel could be prevalent filled not only my father's heart, and in turn mine, but the World's. Of course back then we didn't have the 'foresight' to question the 'facts', but since the 60's so much has come to light to come to mind that somebody, somewhere, is telling big fat lies. 30 years of 'history' down the pan .. 30 somethings crying over their intricate models of Apollo whatever, painstakingly glued and embued by careful childish fingers, fired by an innate belief that men really did zoom off into Space and conquer our small part of the Universe.

Doesn't it make you wonder, I mean really wonder, what 'it' is all about? Surely if we question everything and believe nothing we will sour with time, become sceptical in our scepticism?

Maybe that's what they want?????

Question G

Post 4

nine.bar

maybe.....maybe not?

Question G

Post 5

Miss Tish

Just get out the tin can, the brillo pads, run like mad and howl like a wolf, never forgetting that the moon is made out of cheese!!

xx

Question G

Post 6

Suzie Wand

Ever since starting this debate I have felt like I am on a pendulum ride, I think I don't believe man went to the moon, then hey that argument sounds pretty convincing, then you read something else that sets you right back again - I think at the moment I lean toward believing man did go to the moon, after all they brought back lots of moon rock which has been analysed by hundereds of labs around the world, if it had come from area 51 I think someone would have noticed by now - but tomorrows another day!! smiley - rocket

Suzie

Question G

Post 7

Miss Tish

On 20th July 1969 the world baited it's breath for that famous line .. 'one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind', and we took it and accepted it as a mark for the future. Fine, wonderful, awe-inspiringly remarkable! But was it? There are so many factors that do actually make space travel virtually impossible - space is harsh and dangerous. But, maybe we have been there, since. I just don't believe that 1969 allowed that possibility, and there are far too many 'quirks' that shroud the whole thing in doubt. I think it was more a case of 'getting one over on the Russians'!

xx

Question G

Post 8

Ch@rgeD

"Space is deep, it is so endless, when your lost its so relentless"

Think my Hawkwind tapes caught in a loop, Brock keeps spinning around and around, tells me of his journey thru space and time....
Too much good acid can do many things, good and bad, opens up doorways etc.....
.....At the end of the day, whos tripping? Us or them? its hard to remember, maybe we both are? I am not a scientist by any means, in fact all the moon landings fakery merchants always say that they are not scientists, so what of our worlds thinkers and problem solvers, are they all on the pay roll? For all the conspiracy theories to be true EVERY scientist, paleantologist,
historian etc.. would have to be corupt to the greatest degree.
For those thst have taken their mental state walkies with narcotics,
the ability to see without paranoia is a learning curve, once the lesson is finished the mind should be hard to the perils of paranoia, thus over.
Tho have to conclude, that they ARE watching me, there ARE bugs in my frosties and my girlfriend IS an alien.....Here endeth the first lesson.....you will not be Ch@rgeD this time, have it on the house...........and remember this;
We are all just PRODUCTS, might as well have designer labels tattooed on us at birth.

Ch@rged.

Question G

Post 9

Holisticstoner

I have an open mind on this topic, there are so many for and against. I like to think man has walked on the Moon, but weather this is the truth or not I know not. Why do we have to close are minds to other possibilites no matter how paranoid or far fetch they soound. After all remember it was not long since mankind thought the world to be flat.

Question G

Post 10

Suzie_Wand

You are absolutely right! Fact can often be stanger than fiction, and which ever scenario turns out to be true (if we ever find out for sure), either could be considered a great achievement - to go to the Moon - amazing, to convince the world you have gone to the Moon when you hav't - equally amazing!smiley - smiley

Suzie smiley - fairy

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more