This is the Message Centre for Will you be my friend

Welcome...

Post 1

Jonny

Hi,

It's always fun to see how many words from the Meaning of Liff you can get into a conversation. smiley - biggrin You're right, it's a great book.

I'm Jonny, one of the ACEs here at h2g2. The ACEs are a volunteer group who go round h2g2 looking for new researchers and greeting them. You can find out more about the ACEs here:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/h2g2/guide/ACEs

If you have any problems or questions about h2g2, or just want a chat, you can talk to me by clicking reply and I'll see it later. Or alternatively you can visit my space by clicking on my name at the top of this message.

Meanwhile you might like to see the page of links to some of the places of interest at h2g2. I've compiled a list of links here:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/h2g2/guide/A599330

Or there's The Post's (our weekly newspaper) page of useful links here:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/h2g2/guide/A616718

If you want to know how to do smileys click on this one: smiley - smiley

Don't Panic,

Jonny

i am new to

Post 2

blackpoolbabe

hi there i am new to so if you can and i can we can all share help becoz i am still not getting to grips with this after several days i think i have been in my previouse site to long and am blinkered to it smiley - smiley

Erm... help?

Post 3

Will you be my friend

Hi Jonny,

Sorry to pester you but I'm not entirely clear about how the sight works...

I have replied to this and another conversation about my new page just by pressing "reply". Is this right?

If so just leave a message saying YES or something similar!

WYBMF

Hallooooo

Post 4

Queen Mab

Hallo WYBMF

I'm new as well - but have been reading h2g2 for a little while. Pop by and have a chat!!!

Queen Mab

Hallooooo

Post 5

Will you be my friend

Hallooo back Queen Mab.

Is this how to stage a conversation. The Aces still haven't replied to my queries. I don't really know how the sight works so send me a message back showing how to find you.

Thanks

WYBMF

Hallooooo

Post 6

Jonny

I'm really sorry WYBMF, I've been quite busy recently.
But yes you're replying correctly I can see the messages.

Jonny (feeling guilty)

Hallooooo

Post 7

pathetical, formerly "madmaz- zaphodista, marshmallow minister, vegetarian and torturer (among other things)..."

Hi WYBMF,

You will be able to visit people at their pages by clicking on their names (next to where it says 'posted ** hours ago by...')smiley - biggrin. So to visit me you'd just, um... click on my long and very silly name, above. Not that you'd want to visit mesmiley - sadface, but you get the idea.

Persevere with the site, it gets less confusing smiley - erm.

Hope this helps.smiley - cheers Need any more help, just ask. I'm on here most days.

I'll be your friend?!! smiley - smiley

Madmazsmiley - peacesign

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Will you be my friend

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more