A Conversation for The h2g2 Doctor Who Group

Series 7 spoiler thread

Post 1

Geggs

As filming has now started on series 7, it seems a good time to start our traditional spoiler thread.

And I've just found something on sfx.co.uk that has given me a moment of pure geek joy - the third ep of the series, set in the Wild West, currently being filmed in Spain, will guest star Ben Browder. Yes, that Ben Browder - John Crichton of Farscape.

Wow. I mean, wow. Could anything be cooler than this? Well, if Nathan Fillon turned up in an ep that could possibly be cooler, but it would be a close call.

Geggs

Series 7 spoiler thread

Post 2

Bagpuss

Benedict Cumberbatch is in it apparently, possibly as a bad guy, and probably not as the Master.

Series 7 spoiler thread

Post 3

van-smeiter

The Daleks are in episode 1 and the Ice Warriors are coming back.

Series 7 spoiler thread

Post 4

Bluebottle

smiley - marsThe Ice Warriorssssss?!smiley - wow
Will they be doing a full 14 episodes next year? I know they're planning on only showing 5 (and Christmas special) this year and hold 8 over until next year, but will that mean they'll be doing 22 episodes for the 50th Anniversary?

<BB<

Series 7 spoiler thread

Post 5

Josh Clarke - The Auburn Time Lord

Hmm, BB you've got a point. I've never thought that, but I guess that's a possibility. It seems like an awful lot to do though.
This article discusses the possibility for Series 7 to run into the anniversary: http://www.kasterborous.com/2012/05/bbc-shake-up-series-7/
My hope for the 50th Anniversary is a Special rather than lots of episodes, it all depends on the plot and the planned storylines/ideas.

Series 7 spoiler thread

Post 6

Geggs

Interesting. I'd got the impression that the other half (well, the majority of it I guess) of series 7 would be toward the start of 2013, with other stuff (maybe one ep, maybe more) being planned for the anniversary.

I'll be happy with whatever comes our way though. There is no such thing as too much Doctor Who.

Geggs

Series 7 spoiler thread

Post 7

Bluebottle

Three words:

Special
Weapon
Dalek

<BB<

Series 7 spoiler thread

Post 8

van-smeiter

smiley - laugh like it, Bluebottle.
All the Daleks that have been in Who ever- so they say!
I thought the schedule was to be for a continuous season- 5 episodes up to Christmas (with the Ponds leaving in Ep 5), The Christmas special (introducing new companion, Clara) and 8 episodes after Christmas- with series 8 and any 50th anniversary celebrations commencing in autumn 2013. But perhaps that isn't the case and there will be a gap after Christmas. smiley - erm

Some of episode 5 has been shot in New York & River is back for that. They have also been shooting,no pun intended, in Spain for the wild west story (which one hopes is better than The Gunfighters!)

Series 7 spoiler thread

Post 9

van-smeiter

Episode 1 will be called Asylum of the Daleks.

Series 7 spoiler thread

Post 10

Geggs

News from San Diego Comic Con:

Episode 2 is called 'Dinosaurs On A Spaceship'
Episode 3 (the wild west one) is 'A Town Called Mercy'
Episode 4 is named 'Cubed' - could it be following up on the cubes from 'The Doctor's Wife'?

Geggs

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more