A Conversation for The h2g2 Doctor Who Group

Dr Who - Series 3 - Potential Spoilers

Post 441

huzzah4knolly

CIN episde/sketch

Very well done, so we all thought here on our family couch. Some nice touches as I'm sure we'll discuss once everyones seen it.smiley - biggrin

Post 442

eloisa

I loved that!
Just got round to watching it. Loved the beard remark. Good explanation about the older appearance of the other Doctor. Nice links between the two, and the celery!
smiley - tardis

Post 443

Mol - on the new tablet

I enjoyed it. But the kids were somewhat mystified. It struck me as being one for the boffs, who will doubtless be pleased that the appearance of the Titanic through the Tardis now has a plausible explanation.

Osh was particularly disappointed that it was so short. I think he was hoping for a full-length episode ...

Mol

Post 444

Jozcoz

I liked that fact that it had some of the retro music too!

Post 445

eloisa

Oh, yeah! That does make more sense of the Titanic doesn't it!
I didn't think it was particularly boff-y. Matybe I just know more than I think I do.
smiley - geeksmiley - diva

Post 446

van-smeiter

I thought it was a bit of harmless fun and there were some nice retro touches. Brilliant to see the fifth Doctor again but I had hoped there'd be a multiple Doctor special for next year's 45th anniversary so I'm thinking that that's less likely now.

The bit that made me want to vomit was the "you're my Doctor" bit; fine for a fan like me whose first Doctor was the fifth Doctor (smiley - erm that last bit sounds a touch paradoxical!) but for a later incarnation of the Doctor to say it? Not sure.

As I said, harmless fun. smiley - ok

Post 447

The Apprentice

I guess it was like someone in there 50s meeting up with their 20-something self and admitting that while life has been great, they always remembered those years in their 20s as being the best. Except, with a Time Lord it'd be slightly different and the Doctor has 900+ years to look back on.

The Apprentice

Post 448

Alfster

SoRB mentioned this to me and if you take the show as a bit of harmless fun and realise that David Tennant is a huge Dr Who fan anyway...and then you work out who 'his Dr' was then it was the 5th Dr. So it was Tennant saying to the 5th Dr or more probably Peter Davidson: you were my Dr.

Now how cool must it be for an actor to say in character what he actually thinks as a person to the same character he is playing at that point. So, no vomitty at all just someone being able to thank another actor...I rest my case.

Post 449

Jozcoz

yes, but his Doctor was Tom Baker...

and whilst it didn't make me vomit, it spoiled the illusion for me

Post 450

The Apprentice

Oh, I don't know... I'm a year younger than David T. and I would consider Peter to by my first Doctor. I recall some of Tom, but I only started watching the series religiously in his last season - and then the cricketing wonder took over with vile little Adric in tow... (and the delightful Nyssa and Teegan[sp?]).

The Apprentice

Post 451

eloisa

Me and a friend used to take it in turns to be Nyssa or Anne. Can't remember who Anne was though, Nyssa's double or something?

Post 452

Primeval Mudd (formerly Roymondo)

I spy a bit of Adric bashing going on. Enough! One of my first crushes was Adric.

Although, in retrospect, he was right irritating.

Post 453

The Apprentice

Ann appeared in 'Black Orchid' and was identical to Nyssa - leading to hilarious prat falls and fun. Or murder. Or both.

The Apprentice

Post 454

eloisa

Thas the girl!
Ooh, wasn't I an obscure little girl!

Post 455

Jemstone

Ooh, I've just seen the first proper trailer for the xmas special - Titanic in space!! What a fab idea, and the ship looks amazing!
smiley - tardis

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more