A Conversation for The h2g2 Doctor Who Group

Dr Who - Series 3 - Potential Spoilers

Post 401

IctoanAWEWawi

well, RTD has said in the classifieds that the plan was to bring back the daleks, the cybermen and the master and that 'the plan is not finsihed yet, you'll have to wait for the next series to find out' or something like that. So there is definitly some other 'biggie' plan on the go.

'scuse my confusion but who is this clive you refer to and what evidence is it he found? I realise I may be being thick here...

Post 402

Jozcoz

>classifieds< - think you mean confidential

There will be Daleks around somewhere, because, also in confidential, they said "a Dalek story every series is what's needed" or something like that...

The biggie plan could be another famous enemy, but I'm to young to know anything about any others, or a 3-doctors story (which would be AWESOME). I don't think they'll bring back the Master (commentary on Last of the Time Lords).

In answer to you question, Clive is the person in episode 1 who has found all the online evidence about the doctor. He meets with Rose to tell her and warn her that she may die, and is later killed by an Auton himself.

Post 403

The Apprentice

>> is the generally accepted opportunity for Ecclestone's doctor to have as many adventures as necessary <<

> by who? <

By those who generally accept it...

smiley - biggrin

The Apprentice

Post 404

Jozcoz

That's a bit of a cop out

okay I'll buy itsmiley - biggrin

Post 405

IctoanAWEWawi

"confidential" - yes, indeed I did smiley - smiley
and ta for the clive info - I have a terrible memory for names of characters other than the main ones.

Post 406

eloisa

Well, it is a very good theory!

What did the comentary on Last of the Time Lords say? I am not privvy to such things as I live in the last century and only have 4 channels!

Post 407

Hoovooloo

">> is the generally accepted opportunity for Ecclestone's doctor to have as many adventures as necessary <<

> by who? <

Yes.

SoRB

Post 408

Jozcoz

They said (with reference to the ring)

"If another production team in the future want to bring the master back then that's a way for them to do it"

The commentaries are available from the website

Post 409

eloisa

I. Want. Him. Back.

Sack the production team, I'll find my own!

And I want asmiley - cupcake!!!

Post 410

Jozcoz

gives smiley - cupcake

RTD should be leaving soon anywaysmiley - biggrin

Post 411

TIMELORD

T.R.D. is said to be a big fan of the Sea devils* and the Silurians so they may well be back in the next series and if you want to know any other guest stars just checkout this years big finish storys they seem to be picking them from theresmiley - smiley

for the Blake's 7 fans see rescue if you want to know what a sea devil looks likesmiley - smiley

Post 412

Jozcoz

or type it in on wikipedia...

Post 413

eloisa

Probably entirely the wrong place for this but has anybody noticed the front cover of the Radio Times?
smiley - tardis

Post 414

The Apprentice

Yes... it's larger on the outside than the inside.

The Apprentice

Post 415

Jim Lynn

*Another* RT cover? They're going for the record this year. That's four so far this year (alternate covers notwithstanding). If we get one at Christmas that'll be five this year, which would beat last year.

Post 416

The Apprentice

It gives me a warm fuzzy feeling inside each time I see Peter Davison and David Tennant stood together in full Doctor regalia publicising this upcoming 7-minute charity micro-episode...

The Apprentice

Post 417

eloisa

7 whole minutes?
Ooooooh!

Post 418

The Apprentice

7 minutes is quite a long time... considering - at one point - a Classic Doctor Who episode only ran to 25 minutes or so.

The Apprentice

Post 419

eloisa

We're a glass half full chappy today aren't we?

Post 420

The Apprentice

Makes a change from the other 364 days of the year...

smiley - ok

The Apprentice

Key: Complain about this post