A Conversation for The h2g2 Doctor Who Group

Feast of the Drowned (Audio)

Post 1

Kerr_Avon - hunting stray apostrophes and gutting poorly parsed sentences

Anyone else listened to this?

I really enjoyed it, the decision to have DT use his normal accent as narrator and 'mockney' accent as the Doctor helped differentiate between narrator and Doctor.

Some of the descriptions were a bit clunky, most notably the 'barmy army' and 'freak show' descriptions of the water monsters, and the 'knackered barge'.

Although I have to say, am I the only one who thought DT's Mickey sounded like Frank Spencer at times?

Post 2

U168592

smiley - laugh ooo, betty!

Yeah we listened to it, really rather good. Have first part of Stone Rose too (can't help but get a funny little riff in my head every time I think of tha), but waiting for the next disc to listen.

Loved the characters in Feast though. Felt weird listening to Mr T talking about the Doctor in 3rd person though...but still, cracking good story.

Must get myself some more Audio stuff, particualrly the new Big Finish releases.

Post 3

Jozcoz

I've got pt 2 of the stone rose. and the new bif finish stuff on BBC7 is brilliant!smiley - biggrin

Post 4

rotundity

I got it off the Radio Times for free while they had the offer on. You miss the behind the scenes stuff, but you get the story.
I thought it was good, but needed more cliffhangers. Listening to an entire CD at once gets to be a bit of a drag.
But otherwise, really good.

Post 5

Jozcoz

I suppose, the versions in RT also have bits cut out. I know this 'cos I have all 12 books

Post 6

rotundity

I thought even the normal CDs had bits cut oút of 'em.

It does say "Abriged by Jacqueline Rayner" on the back cover

Post 7

rotundity

I thought even the normal CDs had bits cut oút of 'em.

It does say "Abriged by Jacqueline Rayner" on the back cover

All 12 books? smiley - envy Wow.

Post 8

Jozcoz

Yeah and I'm just about to start reading the 12th one. They are all really good...

I was gutted that they cut out the bit about the Doctor loosing his sonic screwdriver in the stone rose, 'cos it was quite good. I like the bit with him in the collesium as well.

Post 9

Bluebottle

I enjoyed the Radio Times ones and always keep an eye out to see if there's more. I've got quite a few of the New Who books too.

<BB<

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more