This is the Message Centre for Fenchurch M. Mercury

Multicoloured swapfish

Post 101

Bruce

So why dont you show us how the blue fish is done? Right here, in this here forum. smiley - winkeye

;^)#
part of the reason is functional illiteracy smiley - winkeye

Multicoloured swapfish

Post 102

shul

it is very simple, look at this: smiley - fish
with a red and blue filters smiley - smiley (<-- hey! a blue smily also!!)

Multicoloured swapfish

Post 103

Bruce

LOL - yes so very blue.

;^)#

Multicoloured swapfish

Post 104

Hand of Bod, ACE

sorry bruce, i look for python references in almost everything. as for fishies in the forums, if you enter a URL in any form (you don't need link brackets or anything) all you get is a link to that URL, in other words the fishie on a blank page. good idea with the smilies though. you could have hippie smilies...

smiley - fishsmiley - fishsmiley - fishsmiley - fishsmiley - fishsmiley - fishsmiley - fishsmiley - fishsmiley - fishsmiley - fishsmiley - fishsmiley - fishsmiley - fishsmiley - fishsmiley - fishsmiley - fishsmiley - fishsmiley - fishsmiley - fishsmiley - fishsmiley - fishsmiley - fishsmiley - fish
smiley - fishsmiley - fishsmiley - fishsmiley - fishsmiley - fishsmiley - fishsmiley - fishsmiley - fishsmiley - fishsmiley - fishsmiley - fishsmiley - fishsmiley - fishsmiley - fishsmiley - fishsmiley - fishsmiley - fishsmiley - fishsmiley - fishsmiley - fishsmiley - fishsmiley - fishsmiley - fish

Multicoloured swapfish

Post 105

wingpig

Long? Have you seen the "Americans need to import humour" thread? It won't go away, no matter how much I ignore it. How about the Ginger/Doug congratulations thread?

Multicoloured swapfish

Post 106

Bruce

Thanks, but I know about url's in forums - but apparently shul (above) doesn't or cant be bothered reading the forum before he posts - hence my comment about the problem being functional illiteracy.

Thanks for the yellow fish btw smiley - winkeye

;^)#

Multicoloured swapfish

Post 107

shul

Hmmm... here is a logical argument of why NOT reading forum entries before you send one, and read the entries afterwards...
(although I did read part of the entries... and because of a nice bug in IE 5.0 I didn't see all of the entries before I posted, it seems that browsers decide on their own when to stop downloading http data..).
ok, so it goes like this:
1. Great ideas come not because of our knowing of the past, but because of our ability to THINK.
2. No one can think if he reads 1000 entries before replying.
3. He who reads all posts, know the past
Concluding:
* Great Ideas cannot come from someone which actually reads all posts*

QED.

Multicoloured swapfish

Post 108

Bruce

No, but relevant ones come from people who, at least, read the post they are 'replying' to. Posting the url of a pic in a forum relates to Monty Python's Bruces sketch exactly how?

duh! - In the words of one of this era's great thinkers smiley - winkeye

;^)#

Multicoloured swapfish

Post 109

shul

you did not read my post as it should be read.
all I said was that IF you don't read the entries,
AND
you reply to the subject
YOU MIGHT
get a new, inovative idea.

(did someone checked the java code connected to the blue fish?)

and homer wasn't one of the great thinkers.

Multicoloured swapfish

Post 110

vegiman:-)

As I said before - there is something very fishy round here:

Sorry for the Spam but:
Have you tried the new Slick Fun Run - Go on,have a go - you will find it at:

http://www.h2g2.com/A130852

Join in the fun and help other researchers at the same time.
vegimansmiley - smiley

Multicoloured swapfish

Post 111

Hand of Bod, ACE

er, sorry, i didn't quite follow that.... (the fun run thing) is vegiman a sub - editor by any chance? smiley - fish have another fishie Bruce smiley - fish

Multicoloured swapfish

Post 112

SonicYoof

Multicoloured swapfish

Post 113

Fenchurch M. Mercury

Like this: > < >, only without the spaces smiley - fish.

You must let go of the normal "find out the code" routine... it's a WHOLE NEW WORLD! smiley - winkeye

Multicoloured swapfish

Post 114

Fenchurch M. Mercury

I wonder how this guy looks for Christmas, while I'm at it: smiley - bigeyes

Multicoloured swapfish

Post 115

Purple

I read all the posts.

Multicoloured swapfish

Post 116

Fenchurch M. Mercury

How did you *get* here? That's insane! smiley - winkeye

Multicoloured swapfish

Post 117

Purple

I sought the blue fish.

Multicoloured swapfish

Post 118

Katsy a.k.a. Esti

Hello Shim smiley - fishsmiley - fishsmiley - fishsmiley - fishsmiley - fish

Multicoloured swapfish

Post 119

MadMunk?¿

yes. hello shim. smiley - smiley

Multicoloured swapfish

Post 120

Katsy a.k.a. Esti

I think he's abandoned us. smiley - winkeye

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Fenchurch M. Mercury

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more