This is the Message Centre for Tonsil Revenge (PG)

It is now ten after eight PM, military time

Post 1

Tonsil Revenge (PG)

I use military time on my cellaphone because I work what is known as the "graveyard shift".

So, if I'm having trouble sleeping, or I am just clock-watching, I get the odd sensation of time travel on a daily basis because we have now reached the advanced part of existence where the past is piling up on us.

So, 2010, which would have just been a fantasy when military time was first instituted, is now just a fact. 1927, on the other hand, which was when I woke up this evening, is so far in the past that it requires an extensive search online and at the library before it matters. 1059 is a legend, and 0033, is biblical in it's remoteness.

Some years do not exist, of course, in this scale of time, so my birth year, 1962, would have to be found in another scale of sorts. I haven't bothered to investigate that yet.

So, while people yelled and screamed about a "new year" last night, it was just another minute to me...

Key: Complain about this post

It is now ten after eight PM, military time

More Conversations for Tonsil Revenge (PG)

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more