This is the Message Centre for Ellen

Micio is ill.

Post 1

Ellen

Hi everyone. Micio, my dear cat, is ill. She is having trouble with her teeth, kidneys, and liver. The vet is giving her antibiotics this week to try to help with the dental problems. Micio is 17 years old, so we can't do dental surgery. Fingers crossed please that the antibiotics work really well, and that Micio will be with me for several more months at least. The vet says that best case scenario, maybe a year. I am still rather in shock, because she's done so well up until now, despite having lost weight this past year. So sorry to pass along this bad news; I know you all love Micio too.

Micio is ill.

Post 2

Christopher

smiley - hugsmiley - rose Hope he pulls through.

Micio is ill.

Post 3

Willem

Aw JEllen that's very sad news! I really do hope and pray those antibiotics work and that Micio can have a bit more quality time with you smiley - cuddle.

Micio is ill.

Post 4

Not the monkey - Skreeeeeeeeeeeee

Sorry to hear that. Poor kitty.

Micio is ill.

Post 5

psychocandy-moderation team leader

Hi Jellen. So sorry to hear your bad news. I know how I would feel if Herman or Minerva faced such illness.

Some people view companion animals as "pets"; I'm not one of them, and understand how our furry friends become part of us and our lives much like family members can. I hope Micio will be with you for a while yet. Give her some love for me.

Micio is ill.

Post 6

Sho - employed again!

Oh I'm sorry to hear that JEllen. I hope you can have at least a few more months together. smiley - hug and for both of you.

Micio is ill.

Post 7

Ivan the Terribly Average

If it helps any, I'm sure Micio wouldn't have had such a good life without you. smiley - tea

Micio is ill.

Post 8

Ellen

Thanks everyone. Micio says hi.

Micio is ill.

Post 9

j_z_d

That's shocking indeed JEllen! smiley - cuddle(for both you & Micio) Let's hope the antibiotics work and the vet is overlooking the very best scenario - you'll have many more months together.

Micio is ill.

Post 10

Not the monkey - Skreeeeeeeeeeeee

Our family cat lived...wow...thinking about it, it must have been into her twenties. She adopted us when I was about ten - originally she lived a couple of streets down, but didn't seem to like it there.

The saddest thing was watching her standing beside the garden wall, looking up at it and realising she could no longer jump up on top of it.

(She was called Jinx, btw - as in 'Pixie, Dixie and Mr Jinks')

Micio is ill.

Post 11

Ivan the Terribly Average

One of our cats made it to 23, despite being forgetful, dentally challenged and having been run over once (by Dad). We found her aged maybe eight weeks, hiding under the wheel-arch of a car parked outside a party, covered in grit. Naturally we called her Sandy.

Never underestimate the resilience of cats...

Micio is ill.

Post 12

psychocandy-moderation team leader

Yeah, Herman and Minerva both seem to manage to survive their medical thingies (Herman has something similar to kidney stones and Minerva has a upper respiratory virus that's some sort of Herpes simplex thingy). Kitties will survive!!

Micio is ill.

Post 13

Effers;England.

Yes I sympathise JEllen. My 19 year old cat died a few weeks ago. I was pretty upset. Still am a bit. She was a lovely cat, very intelligent and affectionate. She's buried in the garden which is nice though.

So hope things get better for Micio.

Micio is ill.

Post 14

lil ~ Auntie Giggles with added login ~ returned

I would be lost without my 'ladies'. They are not pets, they are sociable companions smiley - cuddle

Micio is ill.

Post 15

gandalfstwin OGGMSTKMBGSUIKWIATA

Cats or Dogs....

If you have one, it is a companion. A family member.........

smiley - smiley
GT

(Good luck with Micio, JEllen)

Micio is ill.

Post 16

Ellen

Effers, I'm sorry to hear that your cat passed away. That's so hard. Hugs for you.

Micio is ill.

Post 17

Ellen

Hi Everyone!

Here's an update on Micio. We went back to the vet this week, and found that the antibiotics worked pretty well. She's doing better. I'm not sure how long this can last, but I'm hoping she is here for a good long while. She's lost weight the last few years, and I'm looking for ways to help her gain weight back. I'm going to supplement her regular canned food with some homemade cat food - really good stuff. I've ordered a book by a vet that tells how to fix the homemade catfood. And I've ordered a mini food processor to make preparation easier. I'm exciting, because I'll be able to use the food processor for my cooking as well.

Micio is ill.

Post 18

gandalfstwin OGGMSTKMBGSUIKWIATA

Not at the same time, surely JEllen!!!!

smiley - evilgrinsmiley - winkeye
GT

Micio is ill.

Post 19

Christopher

Good to hear Ellen smiley - smiley

Micio is ill.

Post 20