A Conversation for An Amazing A-Z of Space

The McPherson tape!

Post 21

uberduff

sorry that was aimed at ironic

The McPherson tape!

Post 22

Clive the flying ostrich: Amateur Polymath | Chief Heretic.

Apology accepted.

The McPherson tape!

Post 23

Who no's ? ........... Not me!!

well said Clive,
im also glad you explained it simply so that uberduff could understand.

that is a reasonable and just explination (did you use occams razor??)

The McPherson tape!

Post 24

Clive the flying ostrich: Amateur Polymath | Chief Heretic.

Not intentionally although I suppose I was doing so ..er...yes. smiley - biggrin

My argument against alien visitation smiley - ufo supposes that in order to explain the phenomenon extra bits of explanation need to be included or assumed.

eg engineering to travel at the speed of light vs. the need to invent a new theory of physics to do this. The time taken to cross the distance vs. the need to invent incredible life-cycles or some sort of stasis chamber. Either of these fits the definition of Occam's razor to not multiply entities to explain phenomena uncessarily.

My point was that in order to accept aliens routinely visiting earth, given the vast distances and therefore the vast amounts of time involved, you'd *have* to multiply entities (make stuff up) to explain it.

My point when asked this question about extra terrestrial life has for a long time been: probably there is but ti's so far away they a) don't know we are here b) couldn;t get here even if they did. C) in all likelihood it's a microbe.

We may have to face the very real and terrifying possibility that we are the most advanced organisms in the universe. And that includes Paris Hilton. smiley - diva

The McPherson tape!

Post 25

turvy (Fetch me my trousers Geoffrey...)

"We may have to face the very real and terrifying possibility that we are the most advanced organisms in the universe. And that includes Paris Hilton. "

Scary...much more so than alien abduction!smiley - yikes

t.

Key: Complain about this post