A Conversation for Old Announcements: January - September 2011

This thread has been closed

15 January, 2004: Sam is leaving

Post 61

Prideth - Queen dragon - protector of otters, and otternuts alike

Major stardom smiley - star awaits you Sam, methinks smiley - oksmiley - goodluck

smiley - wah I've just visited and bookmarked the site, and I can't 'save target as' when right clicking! smiley - wah Can anybody help by telling this computer-illiterate smiley - dragon how to activate this option??? smiley - grovelsmiley - grovelsmiley - grovel

Post 62

SEF

What are you trying to do with the "save target as"? Save a whole page, a picture, a shortcut link? What computer are you on? "Bookmark" would seem to have done what you want in terms of being able to get back there. I would use "add to favourites" on IE6 to make a quick link from the browser.

Post 63

smiley - cheers SEF. I'm trying to save his songs. His instructions are to right click, and 'save target as', and then pick a folder to save it in, but smiley - wah it's not highlighted in the options menu when I do right click. It's IE6 I'm using, if that helps. I've had this problem before, but just given up. I don't want to give up this time though.

smiley - sorry to be such a computer dunce smiley - doh

Prideth smiley - dragon

Post 64

SEF

OK
- starting at http://www.samsemple.com/
- click on "listen to songs"
- move the mouse cursor over one of the fuzzy black "mp3" text-graphics and it should change from a pointer into a hand
- right clicking gives you a long menu
- 3rd down (for me) is "Save Target As..."
- the ellipsis tells you that clicking on it will bring up a dialog box (either mouse button will do for that)
- what you should see is a quick download dialog overlaid with the one to select a file location on your computer.

Post 65

~ jwf ~ scribblo ergo sum

If you have an active player installed (like Realplayer) all you have to do is LEFT click on the mp3 icon and bobs yer uncle, it all just sorta happens. I listened to 'Female Astronaut' over and over and over... Reminded me of that moment when Arthur Dent and Fenchurch make love on the wing of a 747 to the strains of a Mark Noffler solo.
smiley - musicalnote
~jwf~

Post 66

smiley - cheers SEF. >>3rd down (for me) is 'Save Target As'...not for me, smiley - wah It's in the list, and it's third, but is inoperative. This is the stage I always come unstuck! smiley - ta anyhoo!

Whoopee! Bob is my uncle ~jwf~! So that's how it works smiley - somersault! smiley - oksmiley - ta If it's that good, I'm in for a treat...smiley - laugh

smiley - cheers for your help guys!

Prideth smiley - dragon

Post 67

Jerk Gently in The USA

smiley - wah

cant say I know him but he was given my "History of Mad Magazine...cheap!" to edit. see it at A2116540.
wonder who will get the honor nowsmiley - huhsmiley - erm

Post 68

The Researcher formally known as Dr St Justin

JG, it looks like it's been given to Atlantic Cable to edit.

I think it may only have had Sam's name on it because he was the italic who processed the Scouts 'picks' on that day - the system adds the Italics name as editor before it is assigned to a Sub. smiley - ok

Post 69

Smij - Formerly Jimster

That's right - Sam was only the 'holding' editor while the entry was awaiting a Sub-Editor.

Sam's only got one actual entry locked to him... and it's coming up to its anniversary again. smiley - sadface

Post 70

Jerk Gently in The USA

I went and discovered this myself but thanks for the infosmiley - cheers

Good luck to Sam wherever he goessmiley - smiley

Key: Complain about this post