This is the Message Centre for Researcher 185550

I Hate Herbal Remedies

Post 1

Researcher 185550

I have been doing a biology project. Fully research six organisms. So what you do is, in Google, you type in "most- studied plant", "most- studied animal", "most- studied protist" "most- studied most studeid bacteria" and that sort of thing. It tells you what they are. You enter each name, and gather information on each one.

Bladderwrack is a very studied alga. That is clear. But when you ask about it, wherever, all you get is herb remedies. Half of them advise drinking bladderwrack tea, the rest say that bladderwrack is hazardous to your health. And none of them give any scientific information. None. The same is true of Tobacco Mosaic Virus, Mouse- Ear Cress, and almost everything. Earthworm info is easy to find, though.

It's irritating that the world isn't run for my benefit.

I Hate Herbal Remedies

Post 2

Clare

How very trying it must be for you to have a world not centred entirely around you and your biology project smiley - winkeye. You didn't finish it last night then? I didn't think you would! Good luck with it smiley - ok

Clare.

p.s I am now freeee from my physics smiley - biggrin Not that I'm gloating or anything.

I Hate Herbal Remedies

Post 3

Researcher 185550

smiley - grr

And I have 2 1/2 organisms to go smiley - grr.

I Hate Herbal Remedies

Post 4

Lady Neugen Bigeyes;Owlatron`s thundercat;Researcher of the hyperlink;Honorary Muse of card-senders

Gee,& I remember,back when time began..copy-ing out of an encyclopedia! Oh, the harshness of my youth!!!! Handwriting!! Imagine
smiley - laughsmiley - laugh*giggle* smiley - laugh

I Hate Herbal Remedies

Post 5

Researcher 185550

smiley - laugh

Well, you can copy off the internet now. The information quality is slightly dubious, though.

I Hate Herbal Remedies

Post 6

Clare

And teachers can find out, they just type in a passage of your work into a search engine, and it tells them where you got it.

I Hate Herbal Remedies

Post 7

Lady Neugen Bigeyes;Owlatron`s thundercat;Researcher of the hyperlink;Honorary Muse of card-senders

well,that could sound the 'death-knoll' for plagerists!It`s just a matter of re-wording their thoughts,tho-then you`re scott-free

I Hate Herbal Remedies

Post 8

Researcher 185550

Really? I better get good at paraphrasing though.

I Hate Herbal Remedies

Post 9

warhead

smiley - run Goes off at a tangent smiley - run

Yes, where would we be without pooters? There was a time when I had to write my staff annual reports BY HAND (if you can imagine such a thing) and each year I had to write something similar, but subtly different, about each member of staff.

Not any more. Now I can cut'n'paste relevant stuff from last year's reports, jiggle the words around a bit, even change a few of them, and voi la, it's as if it's a new report.

Now, if I could just get rid of my staff altogether I wouldn't even have to bother with all that tedious cut'n'pasting.
smiley - ok

I Hate Herbal Remedies

Post 10

Researcher 185550

smiley - laugh

Staff at my school give pretty much the same report to every pupil. "Has made excellent progress and participates willingly in class. A sound pupil". Especially if they can't remember who you are.

I did know a drum teacher who once just copied and pasted on his computer, changing the name each time, but the school objected, so he had to change the odd word here and there.

I Hate Herbal Remedies

Post 11

Well,smiley - silly as it sounds,when you`ve throughly learned another`s theories/learned to think ~ to him..Then you can re-phrase his/her work to your own writing style..& ..Bingo!..you`re a teacher,passing on knowledge..smiley - cheers

I Hate Herbal Remedies

Post 12

Researcher 185550

Ooh, excellent.

Clare, you teach don't you?

I Hate Herbal Remedies

Post 13

Clare

smiley - erm I try to. Only three pupils atm.

I Hate Herbal Remedies

Post 14

Teaching is NOT for the fainthearted! There is nothing more terrifing,save getting yr. pic. taken, than the sight of 20 pair of eyes- staring blankly at you.& you! You,somehow,must empart knowlege to these blank-eyes. Not easy. It`s like being a comedianne, playing to a crowd...do I have their attention? Did they get that last bit?
AAAaaaarrrrgghhhhhh.......smiley - nahnah...........smiley - winkeye.......smiley - laugh
Not me, not until I move to New Zealand!
would I?? In a flash!! No thought required.

I Hate Herbal Remedies

Post 15

Researcher 185550

I think some guy, who also did some WWI poetry, did two very different poems about teaching; I'll try to look them up.

Key: Complain about this post