This is the Message Centre for egon

North American Vacations

Post 1

egon

I have been on holiday to the USA a lot. And I mean A LOT!

Trying to remember them all, I come to:

Dec 2002: Boston
Aug 2006: New York and Chicago
Sep 2007: New York
June 2008: Philadelphia
Sep 2008: New York
March 2009: Raleigh
Sep 2009: New York
April 2010: Washington, DC
Sep 2010: New York
May 2011: Chattanooga (with a night in Atlanta)
Jan 2012: New York
April 2013: Chicago
Sep 2013: Atlanta
May 2014: Milwaukee (with a night in Chicago)

So, as you can see, I like holiday in the US, and am particularly fond of New York. The reason for all the September dates in the list is that my birthday is 10th September, and for my birthday I like to take myself off stateside for a relaxing holiday and a bit of baseball.

But this year, i've beens trudging to decide where to go. Thought about going back to NY, but had this itching to go somewhere new. But a lot of the places I'd like to go to, I can't fly direct to from my local airport (Manchester), and I don't really fancy changing planes this time.

So i found myself perusing the Manchester Airport website looking for direct flights. They have a map where you can filter destinations by continent, so i chose North America and, having poked around a little and done some research, I think I'm going to break with tradition.

After all these US holidays, I'm going to go to Canada for the first time. Toronto, to be precise. My birthday happens to coincide with the Toronto International Film Festivals, and with a Blue Jays v Cubs baseball series. It looks like a pleasant place, lots of museums, galleries, a decent public transport system, I'm sold.

Toronto, here I come! (In two months time)

North American Vacations

Post 2

marvthegrate LtG KEA

If only SLC had a MLB team.

North American Vacations

Post 3

egon

Do you at least have a Minor League team? I have been to games at A (Brooklyn Cyclones) and AA (Chattanooga Lookouts) Level before.

North American Vacations

Post 4

marvthegrate LtG KEA

We do at that. The Salt Lake Bees are a Triple A Affiliate of the Angles. http://www.milb.com/index.jsp?sid=t561

North American Vacations

Post 5

egon

Duly noted

North American Vacations

Post 6

egon

Off for my next trip this Saturday- a week in Miami, Florida. Too early for the baseball season, so will be consoling myself with NBA basketball and women's college softball. Plus the Everglades, Miami beach, Cuban Seafood, Art Deco and all sorts

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for egon

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more