This is the Message Centre for egon

OK, so I'm back

Post 1

egon

For a long time, I've been only semi-engaged, if that, with h2g2. As I stated somewhere at the time of the sale, I may not come here often, but at least now I'll know it's still there for me not to go to.

Well, you know what? Having seen all the hard work a lot of people put in to keep the site going, I decided to re-engage on the relaunch. So I've ventured about parts of the site which aren't the Atelier or my friends' journals, I've read the Post, I've re-subscribed to ask for the first time in years, I've started reading the entries in Peer Review again, I'm relaunching the Fantasy Football Predictions competition that has been dormant since 2008. And I'm keeping up with conversations in the Atelier rather than just hitting the backlog once in a while.

Partly this re-engagement is because of the relaunch, but partly it's because of an overwhelming sense of nostalgia. I turned 30 last month, and spent a week in The North East, revisiting my student days at the University of Sunderland, amongst other things. And wandering around Sunderland, I missed my University days. And a large part of those university days was nights in the library, putting off writing essays by surfing hootoo. I can't do all the things I did at 20 now, but this is one that I can.

To quote one of the great thinkers of our time, 'I'm back, baby!'

OK, so I'm back

Post 2

Mu Beta

That'd be me, then, would it?

F90026?thread=8281675

B

OK, so I'm back

Post 3

Hypatia

Fabulous news. smiley - biggrin I for one am delighted.

OK, so I'm back

Post 4

egon

Yes, it would. It was an implied sarcastic compliment. You're welcome

OK, so I'm back

Post 5

egon

Thanks, Hyp

And don't tell me the baseball result- I'm currently watching the game on tape ( yes, tape. Not DVR or Skyplus or anything, Old school) and have only got as far as the sixth inning, so far.

OK, so I'm back

Post 6

Hypatia

I won't breathe a word. Enjoy. I'm supposed to work until 7 tonight, which is game time. Being the boss is great. I'm leaving early so I won't miss the first pitch. smiley - biggrin

OK, so I'm back

Post 7

Z

smiley - wow

Really glad to see you back! What are you up to now?

OK, so I'm back

Post 8

egon

Still a civil servant in the Department for Work and Pensions. I'm part of Quality Control in the Pension service, so my job is essentially ensuring that old people get the right money. Not the most challenging of jobs, but can be quite rewarding at times.

Not much changed in my personal life- still single, still spending much of my spare time watching sport, drinking and going to the US on holiday a couple of times a year.

OK, so I'm back

Post 9

Secretly Not Here Any More

Ah, I remember being single and going on holidays... Good times.

That said, it's bleedin' Mu Beta's fault I'm in this mess. If I'd not have impressed the Mrs-to-be with one of his recipes, I'd still be free, single and spending all my spare time drinking and watching sport.

OK, so I'm back

Post 10

McKay The Disorganised

Serves you right for listening to him really.

smiley - cider

OK, so I'm back

Post 11

Otto Fisch ("Stop analysing Strava.... and cut your hedge")

Welcome back, egon, and you too, Mr603

One day I may even forgive egon for preferring Ghostbusters 2 to Ghostbusters 1...
F73865?thread=183631

OK, so I'm back

Post 12

egon

What a delightfully random thing to break up.

And I stand by it.

OK, so I'm back

Post 13

Z

Which recipe: I think we should be told?

OK, so I'm back

Post 14

egon

In my last post, I meant bring up, not break up.

And yes, what recipe was it?

OK, so I'm back

Post 15

I'm not really here

You're at the DWP? I do hope I haven't shouted at you. smiley - blush

OK, so I'm back

Post 16

Some sort of foolproof chicken dish...

OK, so I'm back

Post 17

Ferrettbadger. The Renegade Master

Resists temptation to state is Mr603 pulled it off the name is inspired and accurate!

smiley - winkeye

FB

OK, so I'm back

Post 18

Mu Beta

I do like the fact that his missus is more attracted to me food than she is to him.

B

OK, so I'm back

Post 19

Aye, it's a shame she's seen your profile picture on Facebook.

I thought the retching would never end.

OK, so I'm back

Post 20

Z

*snigger*

Key: Complain about this post