This is the Message Centre for Pantalaimon

Growing up

Post 1

Pantalaimon

Had a good weekend. Finally got my mop chopped, so am feeling less like Shaggy from Scooby Doo. Had a good driving lesson and then finally went to see Lord of the Rings on Saturday night. Excellent of course. I was actually quite scared, the film hardly let you relax for a second and the Dark Riders were truly terrifying. But the vistas were amazing and the casting spot on, so roll on next Christmas when part 2 is out.

I've been to the bank to talk mortgages, got a proper appointment tomorrow and I'm going to make an appointment to see a house in Stockport on Saturday. Huge financial costs keep whirling round in my head. It's all very well if I get the mortgage, but how will I afford to pay solicitors/stamp duty/surveys etc., never mind the cost of cookers, fridges, sofas, beds... We'll cross that bridge when we come to it I suppose. You get yourself into the biggest amount of debt in your life (hopefully) when you take on a mortgage, so a huge credit card bill and extended overdraft are neither here nor there really.

Stef is back from India at long last! Spoke to her last night, and she's coming to stay a week on Thursday. It'll be great to see her again, have to make sure I get a few people together. Also spoke to Claire K tonight for ages - dreading the phone bill. She's got a new pad which sounds idyllic, huge, big garden and so forth. But that's what you get when your boyfriend's a banker I suppose.

People are getting their legs broken to make themselves taller on the television. Has the world gone mad?

Growing up

Post 2

Desirdero

I could get my legs broken so I can fit in a smaller bed and save on space.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Pantalaimon

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more