A Conversation for Talking Point: Do Aliens and UFOs exist?

Have you ever heard a sound !!

Post 1

Starman - Keeper of Songs

Have you ever heard a sound that you'd never heard before ?

About 3 years ago, I was in my girlfriends flat in Glasgow when we both heard a strange sound. We eliminated every possible sound and came to the conclusion that we couldn't identify this sound.
It sounded like a very fast rotational object in the sky, and there was a sort of humming noise ( similar to a power station ).

The strange thing about this was that when the sound moved there was no dopler effect. We heard the sound moving to different parts in the night sky, but the frequency never changed. We sat at the window for 10 min listening, before the sound stopped.

For the next week, there were two occasions when my friends and I saw fast moving coloured light racing in the night sky ) above Kelvingrove Park in Glasgow )

All this makes sense in my slightly distorted head. I have a theory that beings have found the frequency that the universe vibrates, and if you can match that frquency, then you can slip in & out of dimensions and travel effortlessly. smiley - star

Well,,,,,,,, it's only a thought !!!

Starman smiley - star

Post 2

Higg's Bosun

Interesting theory... it raises a few questions:

Can you explain a bit more about the frequency at which the universe vibrates?

What makes you think that the universe has a vibrational mode?

In what way does it vibrate?

In what sense could that frequency be matched?

Why would matching this frequency enable you to slip in and out of dimensions?

What dimensions do you think you could slip in or out of?

How would you travel effortlessly?

How do you reconcile the possibility of effortless travel with the laws of thermodynamics?

Higgsy, AKA djob

Post 3

Hi

I didn't actually say that I knew anything about it !!!!!!!

My brain sometimes goes into overdrive, but give me a bit and I'll come up with an answer for you !!!

As you can see,,,,, I'm no scientist

thanks for the in-depth reply though !

Starman smiley - star

Post 4

Higg's Bosun

Hi Starman, glad to get a response smiley - winkeye

Thing is, I keep hearing about this vibration thing and none of the physics I did at school said anything about it, so when someone says they have a theory about it, I get really curious.

I'd be grateful if you could tell me more about it, or where these ideas came from?

Higgsy

Post 5

DA ; Simply Vicky: Don't get pithy with me!

Black holes sing at a B below middle C (according to our local paper.) Try www.nzherald.co.nz - I'll see if I can find something more definite.

Post 6

DA ; Simply Vicky: Don't get pithy with me!

Maybe that's http://herald.co.nz
Sounds of silence in B flat from galaxies far, far away

WASHINGTON - Big black holes sing bass.

One particularly monstrous black hole has probably been humming B flat for billions of years, but at a pitch no human could hear, let alone sing, say astronomers.

"The intensity of the sound is comparable to human speech," says Andrew Fabian of the Institute of Astronomy at Cambridge, England.

The pitch of the sound is about 57 octaves below middle C.

This is far, far deeper than humans can hear and researchers believe it is the deepest note ever detected in the universe.

The sound is emanating from the Perseus Cluster, a giant clump of galaxies some 250 million light-years from Earth. A light-year is about 10 trillion kilometres, the distance light travels in a year.

Black holes have not been directly observed, because their gravitational pull is so strong that nothing - not even light - can escape them.

So researchers have concentrated on what happens around the edges of black holes, just before matter is pulled in. When scientists trained on the centre of Perseus, they saw ripples in the cosmic gas that fills the space between the galaxies in the cluster.

To scientists, pressure ripples equate to sound waves. By calculating how far apart the ripples were, and how fast sound might travel there, the team of researchers determined the musical note of the sound.

Fabian said the notion of singing black holes might well be extrapolated to other galaxies, but not necessarily to the Milky Way.

Nasa's orbiting Chandra X-Ray observatory has looked at X-ray emissions from the Milky Way's centre, and astronomers believe there is a black hole there, but because it is a young, rambunctious galaxy with lots of activity at its heart, this may interfere with any note our black hole might sing, Fabian said.

- REUTERS

Post 7

Wow, thanks for the info

smiley - star

Key: Complain about this post