This is the Message Centre for Pinniped

Why this time?

Post 1

Pinniped

Looks like my start-up Journal Entry is Awaiting Moderation...
Not an entirely unfamiliar experience, and as usual I have no idea what might have given offence.
Biggest annoyance is that there was a link in it, courtesy of Bel, that took me to the last 20 Convo Entries. Without which, I’m pretty well mute and lurk-incapable.
This site, even now, is replete with administrative self-harm.
The spirit of Jimster haunts me still...

Why this time?

Post 2

SashaQ - happysad

The site is certainly replete with strange things... smiley - ant

Might be worth you e-mailing moderators at h2g2 dot com, but in the meantime was the link <./>info</.> ?

Why this time?

Post 3

Pinniped

It was. Thanks Sasha. Just need to avoid any controversy in this thread now...

Why this time?

Post 4

Moderator001

Sasha brought this thread to the attention of the moderation team. I'm not sure what happened with the entry in question as there are no entries currently pending in the moderation queue. Is the entry still showing hidden/pending moderation? If so, can you point me to it with a link so we can make it visible again? There are some technical issues going on right now but so far we've not heard of any posts being hidden or being referred for moderation as a result. We'll ask the Tech team to look in to that as well. Thanks!

Why this time?

Post 5

Pinniped

I started a journal entry about 4 weeks ago when I came back to the site. I don’t remember the title. It had 14 replies I recall.
It just vanished and so I posted this journal entry, assuming it was being moderated, since that used to happen to me quite a lot - journal entries modded for no obvious reason. There’s one not far down the list still in moderation from about 8 years ago or something.
Thanks for looking into it anyhow.

Why this time?

Post 6

Pinniped

Ok this is weird. This journal entry disappeared from my page as soon as I sent the reply above. I’ve gone to Sasha’s Page, found it there and i’m Now writing this reply, which I’ll send shortly.
Maybe the original journal entry is accessible in repliers’ Pages too?

Why this time?

Post 7

Pinniped

Right - that brought it back to my page where I’m composing this reply. Will it disappear again when I send?

Why this time?

Post 8

Pinniped

Nope. It’s still here. Try again...

Why this time?

Post 9

Pinniped

OK I’ve found and restored the original missing journal entry too (called Prodigal Seal) by visiting GB’s space and posting to it there. It came back to my space, same as this thread did.
I’’m not sure what it is that causes them to disappear though.

Why this time?

Post 10

SashaQ - happysad

Weird indeed, but glad you got it sorted smiley - ok

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Pinniped

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more