This is the Message Centre for Spaceechik, Typomancer

Ruined in less than a mile...

Post 1

Spaceechik, Typomancer

I had a doctor appointment yesterday. On the way up the handicapped ramp at the Medical Office Bldg, I almost fell, when my legs gave out. A security guard had seen that I was having trouble, and caught me before I actually fell and helped me to the ground. Then the fun began...

The cardiology department is at one end of a long block of hospital buildings, all part of the complex my health plan owns. Because, when the medical folk inside the office saw me sitting on the ground, they called an ambulance. That ambulance, which pulled up next to the driveway leading to the Emergency Room, could not go down the driveway the 250 feet to the ER because there was construction blocking the way. Instead, they had to go around the block, which was still less than a mile. Result? *I'm* fine, (I had low blood pressure -- for very briefly!), but I spent 5 hours in the ER, and will owe about 1/4 of all my remaining savings for the ambulance ride (if Medicare won't pay) and the visit. They could have had someone walk me in a wheelchair that 250 feet, and I would only have had to pay the $65 ER fee.

And people wonder why smart USians look at the NHS with envy...

Post 2

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

firstly! glad your ok lovesmiley - hugsmiley - smooch

secondlysmiley - winkeyelunatics run the asylum (brains, but no working matter)smiley - laugh

Post 3

Baron Grim

smiley - steam

Contest that fee with all your resolve.

Post 4

Witty Moniker

I despair for the lack of common sense.

Post 5

Spaceechik, Typomancer

Got the bill for $200 yesterday, my "copay" for the ambulance...which I've decided to pay in $5 a month increments...should be paid up by the time I kick the bucket.

Post 6

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

way to go lovesmiley - smileysmiley - ok

a few year ago, the council screwed me up and left me owning them rent (their fault at start)no apology from them, so I said you can have the arrears at 50p per weeksmiley - tongueoutcalculated to last 2 and half yearsis sweet

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Spaceechik, Typomancer

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more