This is the Message Centre for Jools

Gaffer Tape

Post 1

Jools

I've just registered as a guide researcher, and having not written much before I wanted to start off by writing stuff I could blame (partly) on other people (;-D)... mainly I'm interested in adding a Guide entry for Gaffer tape (wonderful stuff, it can be used to fix anything... just ask a stage tech. or film crew about it; if you don't know any then meet some because they're really nice people!).

That sort of digression is the sort of thing I hope to avoid by collaborating. I'm hoping for a light-hearted entry that goes through some of the more eccentric things gaffer tape has been used for... Covering bare wires during a flight on a budget airlines plane, disposing of dog ticks, and playing an (ahem) supporting role to Carrie Fisher in Star Wars... might be nice to say that if the towel is the ultimate survival tool, then gaffer is the ultimate repair tool. Also I'd like to include the joke about it being comparable to The Force, in that it has a light side and a dark side and holds the universe together...

Gaffer Tape

Post 2

Monsignore Pizzafunghi Bosselese

Hi there smiley - smiley

This is a great idea... but unfortunately you're not the first one to have it smiley - erm There's an Edited entry about duct tape at http://www.bbc.co.uk/h2g2/guide/A265628 which already has lots of suggestions.

In an effort to keep things together you might want to contribute further uses in the discussion fora over there smiley - smiley

Thread Moved

Post 3

h2g2 auto-messages

Editorial Note: This conversation has been moved from 'The Collaborative Writing Workshop' to 'Peer Review Sin Bin'.

Thread moved because we're tidying up the review forums prior to fully automating the process, so any invalid threads have been moved.

Thread Moved

Post 4

h2g2 auto-messages

Editorial Note: This conversation has been moved from 'Peer Review Sin Bin' to 'Myself'.

Back to User - no entry created.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Jools

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more