This is the Message Centre for Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

Gearing up for NaJoPoMo

Post 1

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

So, no big trips this year (well, we did go to the beach during Fall Break, but that was less than a week long--doubt even I can stretch that to cover a month! At least it was just last week, so I should be able to remember it...), so I can't just turn this year's NaJoPoMo into a travelogue. So, maybe a Q&A? Does anyone have any questions for me?

Gearing up for NaJoPoMo

Post 2

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

Yes

Have you been asked to join Dmitri's month-long Hooverville NaJoPoMo?

Gearing up for NaJoPoMo

Post 3

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

No--and I don't think I can turn that question into a NaJo entry smiley - winkeye

Gearing up for NaJoPoMo

Post 4

Gnomon - time to move on

Do you miss the rain?

Gearing up for NaJoPoMo

Post 5

smiley - biro

Gearing up for NaJoPoMo

Post 6

Rain uses the same letters as Iran. Or nair. I'm sure that are no conceivable uses for this information. Also, I don't get paid by word -- heck, I get no pay at all smiley - flustered.

Gearing up for NaJoPoMo

Post 7

SashaQ - happysad

Hmm - questions, questions...

First of all, am I right in presuming you will be saying something about your Fall Break?

What is your favourite type of holiday?

Do you have particular favourite foods, or food you don't like?

smiley - biggrin

Gearing up for NaJoPoMo

Post 8

basically, the food I don't like is having no food. smiley - winkeye

Gearing up for NaJoPoMo

Post 9

You can call me TC

So is NaJo a thing again this year?

Gearing up for NaJoPoMo

Post 10

Yes, it is.

Dmitri has cobbled together an imaginary town called Hooverville. He has come up with a map (based on the real map of a town somewhere in theb wilds of Pencilvania, circa 1906), and peopled it with H2g2 researchers who have fanciful names. Go to the Post and click on the Hooverville image.

There was real Hooverville in the early 1930s
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hooverville

This is not that Hooverville, unless Dmitri has a Great depression on tap for the middle of the month. smiley - yikes

Gearing up for NaJoPoMo

Post 11

My NaJo's at A87954286

Gearing up for NaJoPoMo

Post 12

You can call me TC

I wish they'd not call it Na *Jo* PoMo then. It's nothing to do with journals.

I was going to post excerpts from my parents' memoires as they would both have had their 100th birthday this month, but it's so confusing when they're all bundled together in an entry.

Gearing up for NaJoPoMo

Post 13

Yeah, I'm not thrilled about the no-longer-actual-journal-entries part, but smiley - shrug

Gearing up for NaJoPoMo

Post 14

SashaQ - happysad

Can't please all the people all the time, eh... smiley - laugh

As I see it, 'journal' is a daily record, so the word still makes sense even though people have to make new journals for NaJoPoMo rather than using the Journal attached to their Personal Space (so as to avoid spamming Friends who are not used to daily updates...)

I'm not sure what you mean TC about "bundled together in an Entry" - you create an Entry with a summary of the topic in it, then each day's journal posting is a new conversation attached to that Entry. Does that answer your question? The 100th Birthday Memoirs would be a lovely idea for a NaJoPoMo theme smiley - love

Key: Complain about this post