This is the Message Centre for Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

Loose end tying

Post 1

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

As Dmitri pointed out, I had 3 themes woven throughout this year's NaJoPoMo: travel, fudge, and PaperKid's basketball games.

While I have paid my airfare (the biggest single expense for the trip), I do have some other fairly large chunks of cash to lay out. However, those can't be paid for until 90 days before use, those ends will have to stay loose for a bit longer. I should probably get around to getting my passport application in pretty soon, though.

The Holiday Fair was last weekend. I didn't get as much fudge made in the end as I'd planned on, but it turned out to be just as well. The Fair was spread out over roughly 3 times the hours that a day at the Farmer's Market covered. We brought in around twice the money of an average day at the Farmer's Market... My fudge fridge is stuffed full.

PaperKid's basketball team came out of the regular season undefeated! Though the last game was a real nailbiter--final score was 20-19, with the opposing team's last basket being made close enough to the end of the game that there would've been time for one last basket by either team, but not time for another. The Jaycees tournament began this afternoon, with PaperKid's team scheduled to play the first game vs. a team that they'd not played before. We still haven't played them--they are from a town 2 hours away, and forfeited due to nonarrival (though the other out-of-town teams showed up from farther away). Coach R and Coach K stayed to watch the next game, as we will be playing the winner tomorrow. The Paper Clan stayed, as well. Tomorrow's first game should be a good one, going by what we saw tonight. The winner of tomorrow's first game (first for PaperKid's team, not of the day--our game isn't until 11:30, while gameplay starts 2 hours earlier) will go on to the championship game at 8pm, while the loser will play for 3rd place at 5:30pm.

In and around the games, we've been invited to breakfast and the 4H Christmas party. Depending on how the morning game goes, we'll either be late for the party or have to leave early--the option of simply not going hasn't even been mentionedsmiley - laugh

Loose end tying

Post 2

SashaQ - happysad

smiley - biggrin

Fantastic regular season of Basketball smiley - ok Shame the other team didn't manage to turn up for the tournament game, but hopefully that means PaperKid's team is fresh and ready to go smiley - oksmiley - goodluck

Loose end tying

Post 3

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

Say "fudge fridge" five times fast! smiley - tongueout

Biggest single expense? Would it help t marry it off?

smiley - groan

smiley - run

Loose end tying

Post 4

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

smiley - tongueout

PaperKid's team lost the other 2 games, putting them in 5th (of 8 in their division). Did better than the other local schools in their division, though. Not coming in 1st, 2nd, or 3rd means that Coach R won't be shaving his head, nor will Coach K be getting a pie in her face.

Loose end tying

Post 5

Superfrenchie

Oh so they did it on purpose to be nice to the coaches. So sweet of them. smiley - smiley

Loose end tying

Post 6

Uh, sure, yeah, that was it...

Loose end tying

Post 7

Superfrenchie

Obvious ! smiley - biggrin

Loose end tying

Post 8

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

Half of those sports I don't even understand the rules for. smiley - huh

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more