This is the Message Centre for Tursfong

G'day :-)

Post 1

cafram - in the states.

Just thought I'd pop in and say hi smiley - biggrin

I'm also into HHGTTG, Pratchett (only just started though smiley - yikes), and Harry Potter - I can't wait for the movie to come out! Lots and lots of people here share the same interests...watch your addiction grow daily!!

If you've got naything you need help with as far as the guide goes - feel free to ask me smiley - smiley - I'm usually around here somewhere...

Post 2

Tursfong

Thanks for your greeting. We are new to the Pratchett family too. Just read the first couple of DW books, and the Nomes trilogy - brilliant. No offence to the great late Adamsdouglasadams, but TP seems to have kept up the quality and imagination better; more self-discipline, I suspect. Are you in the Land of Oz, by any chance?

Post 3

cafram - in the states.

I'm halfway through The Colour of Magic - I'm really really enjoying it - I don't know why I didn't start sooner! The style definately seems a lot more settled and planned out than DNA's was...it's very clever, the twists coming out already, rather than Douglas's "two book later" twists - I think a lot of his writing was rushed because of dealines etc (but don't quite me on that smiley - winkeye)...

I am indeed from the Great Southern Land ('great' referring to size, not quality)....I s'pose my "G'day" gave it away, eh? Whereabouts is Cambridge? I should know this, I know smiley - erm

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Tursfong

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more