A Conversation for Faculty of Arts and Entertainment

Uni: Knights of the Stage and Screen

Post 1

lil ~ Auntie Giggles with added login ~ returned

Project Title: Knights of the Stage and Screen

A-number of Project Title Page: A21569682

Description of Project: My aim is to write six biographies of Knights of the Stage and Screen, past and present. There will be associated entries on the history of the Royal Shakespeare Company (RSC) and the Royal Acacemy of Dramatic Arts (RADA), where these actors learned their craft.

Proposed Completion Date: November, 2007.

Post 2

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

Sub-editor checking in!smiley - towel

Post 3

Tamrhind

Why only six? Do you intend covering only 'moderns', such as Olivier and Dench, or 'old-timers' like Irving? Just a query.

Post 4

Hi Tamrhind,

As you can see, I've only managed to get one part of the course completed, so far smiley - rolleyes

I am attempting to fill in just a little of the large gap within the Edited Guide. Unfortunately, I am having a bit of a block resuming writing again smiley - erm

If you wish to add a few names, and their approximate eras, you can leave them here - even if I don't add them to the Uni, I can still write about them in the future smiley - ok

lil xx

Post 5

Tamrhind

What, no Judi Dench, Joan Plowright (D.B.E. in her own right as well as wife to Sir/Lord Olivier), Vanessa Redgrave (not a knight per se but a C.B.E.)...?

One could almost accuse you of being sexist. smiley - smiley

Seriously, though, I'm keen on Brit Thespians so if you want a hand, give us a shout.

Post 6

Ah! I see! smiley - winkeye

I will be doing more on the Dames later. In the meantime here is one for you to read: A21388494

lil xx

Post 7

Tamrhind

Brilliant! Superbly researched and written. If this is an example of your project, I'd be happy & proud to contribute my mites if you require them.

Post 8

Aww.. Thank you! smiley - blush

That would be wonderful, thank you smiley - hug

In fact, I just might finish off some odds and ends I have started for PR.. and then I could come back to this Uni Project.

Thank you for stirring me up again! smiley - ok

lil xx

Post 9

Tamrhind

As I said, I'm interested in Brit actors and, unlike many, my particularly 'old school" - I mean, Bob Hoskins is great but put hime next to the ol' sparrah, Michael Caine and , well, no contest, really, IMO.

Anyway, what I'm saying is I like and REMEMBER the wrinklies; a YOUNG (pre-Sir) John Mills playing Dickens' Mr Pocket, Olivier's haunting ('scuse the pun) Hamlet, (pre-Dame) Judi Dench's COMEDY with hubby Michael Williams ("A Fine Romance"), etc. so I can definitely help with these.

Post 10

Opticalillusion- media mynx life would be boring without hiccups

Hi Lil hows things going with this one?

Post 11

Hi Opti,

It's going very slowly, but there isn't a rush to complete it.

It's a case of trying to get in the mood, and then finding the time to pull it all together.

smiley - ok

Post 12

Opticalillusion- media mynx life would be boring without hiccups

smiley - goodluck

Post 13

Thank you, sweetheart smiley - hug

smiley - biggrin

Uni: Knights of the Stage and Screen - Incomplete

Post 14

Bluebottle

Edited Entries:
A13248399 Sir Ian McKellen - Actor
A21388494 Dame Helen Mirren – Actress
A87788894 Dame Edith Evans – Actress

Duplicate Thread – see also: F74406?thread=4042583

<BB<

Post 15

There was also A49011419 The Royal Shakespeare Company.

It needs updating a little as the work has been completed in 2010 to the Stratford theatres.

I removed the Entries from the Uni Project because it seemed the project was being dropped at that time.

I don't mind leaving them as individual Entries, but I will leave that to you to decide. I might get around to researching another actor, or maybe even RADA to round things off.

Thanks for asking smiley - smiley

lil x

Post 16

Bluebottle

Personally I'm hoping you'll research RADA and/or another actor or two.smiley - wow Your entries are always appreciated in Peer Review.smiley - ok

<BB<

Post 17

I'll see what I can find... when I'm not running after Summer smiley - run

smiley - biggrin

lil xx

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more