A Conversation for Secret Family Business - a short story

Alternative Writing Workshop: A14588382 - Secret Family Business - a short story

Post 1

Researcher U203681

Entry: Secret Family Business - a short story - A14588382
Author: EchidnaZ (small, spiky thing that likes hiding under logs) - U203681

This is a satirical short story I wrote recently.

A14588382 - Secret Family Business - a short story

Post 2

Researcher U203681

BTW I'm running a little short story competition that you can enter if you're interested: www.geocities.com/spiky_one/story.html

Post 3

U1250369

Excellent. Thank you so much for sharing your story.

Post 4

U168592

What a great read! Thank you so much! smiley - laugh Brilliant. Speaks to me of Vonnegut and Dick in a weird kind of way. I love the tone and style of this. Encore! smiley - applause

Post 5

UnderGuide Editors

Greetings EchidnaZ, a thoroughly entertaining story and one that got the attention of the Underguide Miners who have voted it into the <./>underguide</.>.

Congratulations smiley - bubbly, and thankyou for contributing it here. You've had an entry selected before but it was a while ago, so what happens next is that an UnderGuide Polisher will be in touch in the next few weeks about creating the UG copy entry, with any final polishing. Shortly after, it will be our UnderGuide entry on that front page for a week.

Thanks again EchidnaZ smiley - smiley.

Post 6

Bluebottle

Although this is in the Underguide here: A17324822 this version has been moderated. I'd like to propose Back to Entry.

<BB<

Post 7

SashaQ - happysad

I second that.

It is a chillingly good short story... "if she drops the jam jar it's her fault, but if I drop the jam jar it's her fault for not putting the lid on right"...smiley - biggrinsmiley - biggrin

Post 8

SashaQ - happysad

Oo - don't know where those smileys came from...

smiley - erm is more appropriate...

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more