A Conversation for Who was Prime Minister...?

Flea Market: A582392 - Who was Prime Minister...?

Post 1

Bluebottle

Entry: Who was Prime Minister...? - A582392
Author: Grandad Ugg Keeper & Minister of Distant Relatives {Greeblet} (Scout, Sub-Ed) [1+(7x5)+9-5+2 = 42] - U175529

h2g2 really does need to have an entry on Britain's Prime Ministers*, and this one is a very good start.
Previously in FM: F71083?thread=226433
This entry was part of a Politics project along with:
A582176 - What is Politics
F74125?thread=227758

Just need to add first names, party allegiances and maybe a few words about their achievements or lack thereof.

<BB<

*Entries on Popes, Presidents and Pharaohs also required.

A582392 - Who was Prime Minister...?

Post 2

Tavaron da Quirm - Arts Editor

Does this Entry really make sense?

Post 3

test

Post 4

Bluebottle

Not as it is now, and it would need a bit of work to get it up to standard, but it would make a start on an overlooked subject.

<BB<

Post 5

This would probably be the topic for a university project which gives some information about every Prime Minister and politics in each historic period.

Post 6

bobstafford

Can I make a point here I though Campbell - Bannerman 1905 - 1908 was the first official Prime Minister by name, the others were generally First Lord of the Treasury,

With the exception of William Pitt the elder, Robert Gascoyne-Cecil and Arthur Balfour.

Post 7

SashaQ - happysad

smiley - book

I quite like the look of this - my general knowledge of historical Prime Ministers is woefully lacking, so this would be a good way of educating myself. Important to include information about what the role of Prime Minister actually means, too, as you say bob smiley - ok

May take some time, though...

smiley - run

Post 8

bobstafford

need any help table a motionsmiley - biggrin

Post 9

SashaQ - happysad

smiley - nur

The Edited Guide does actually have an Entry on Prime Ministers A4197440 and it includes the table that is in this entry A582392

The Entry "Are you statistically prepared to be Prime Minister" needs a little bit of updating, but is otherwise very good and looks at the subject in a different way from the information already available at http://www.gov.uk/government/history/past-prime-ministers

Post 10

Bluebottle

Well spotted!
Well in that case, this can go Back to Entry.

<BB<

Post 11

h2g2 Guide Editors

Back to Entry.

(BB)

Post 12

SashaQ - happysad

Phew A87804372

Took quite a lot of work to do a little bit of updating...

Thanks for adding David Cameron into the table at the beginning, Bluebottle smiley - ok

I noticed Gordon Brown and David Cameron hadn't been included in the statistical analyses, though, so I have copied the Entry and amended it to add them into each section, and then I decided to tackle the Regions section, which was really difficult to read. When I could read it, I found a lot of the information could be updated and amended, so I did that. smiley - cdouble

What should I do with my Update now?

Thanks in advance smiley - biggrin

Post 13

Bluebottle

If you've made a lot of changes, then submit it to Peer Review and just introduce it by saying that it is an update of the original entry.

If you've only made a few changes, I can copy and paste this to replace the original, but you wouldn't be credited with updating the entry. Which way would you like to go? As you've written this, I assume that you're going to put it into Peer Review as an official update.

Have a look through A87727936 and let me know!

<BB<

Post 14

SashaQ - happysad

Thanks Bluebottle smiley - ok

My update kind of falls somewhere in between 2 and 3 - more than a couple of paragraphs, but not an extensive rewrite of a shorter Entry.

I think it is best to submit it to Peer Review, though, as you suggest smiley - ok

smiley - biggrin

Key: Complain about this post