A Conversation for H2G2 Queen Fan Club Badge

Don't Panic! Click Here for Help on putting the badge on your pages!

Post 1

Researcher 178815

If you need help, Reply to this message. smiley - smiley

If you need help on copy and pasting, Depending on your system, all you should need to do is Highlight from "<!--Badge Code starts; Copy from here-->" to "<!--Badge code ends; copy up to here-->", by holding your mouse button down over the start of the text you're copying, and dragging your mouse over to the end of the text.
Next, Either Right-Click and choose "Copy" or Hold CTRL+C.

Finally, Open up your space and click "Edit Page" in the right column, place your cursor where you'd like to put the code for the badge, and Either Hold CTRL+V or Right-Click again and choose "Paste".

To Confirm and add the badge to your page, Simply Press the "Update Introduction" Button and your badge will appear on your space smiley - smiley

If you need further Help, Either ask me, or a fellow Guru; The know-it-alls of h2g2!! smiley - biggrin

Post 2

RED-DRAGON

mate, how do us poor digital set top box users get the badge? smiley - devil

Post 3

Researcher 178815

Without copying the code, you don't mate!! Just copy it (write it down) word for word its the only way on telewest mate! sorry! smiley - sadface

Post 4

NPY

I've done what you said and all I get in my space is the bit gibberey thing you said to copy - no badge at all. I don't know very much about computers so I don't know what the software stuff is. Any tips?
katianna

Post 5

Researcher 178815

Yes smiley - smiley I know exactly what you're not doing smiley - smiley

When you add the code stuff, go to the bottom where it says Plain Text / GuideML - and click on the round button for GuideML... Then Press the Change Style button, and when it refreshes just press the Update Intro. Button smiley - smiley

smiley - coolaka (",)smiley - cool

PS: If you want the badge do I assume you want to be a Queen Fan Club member? (I'll just check the club threads just in case you've requested membership but if not, click here please smiley - smiley [the badge is for members you see] http://www.bbc.co.uk/h2g2/guide/A607033 )

Post 6

NPY

Thanks. I think I'll try it again.
I did apply for membership - I put my na,me in then had to go back to put my number thing in. I'm thick, what can I say?
Katianna

Post 7

Researcher 178815

I know smiley - smiley I said Sorry for thinking You hadn't if you had, but I checked this thread before I checked the sign up thread - I work *very* organised and tidily smiley - winkeye Honest! smiley - tongueout

Welcome to the club! smiley - smiley

Post 8

NPY

Hi
Thanks smiley - cool
smiley - smiley

Post 9

Researcher 178815

I checked your space and its just the code still - - Try it again -Click on "Edit Page" in the right hand side of your personal space, then click on the little round button next to "GuideML" and click Change Style. smiley - smiley

Then when the page refreshes, just click "Update Entry" smiley - smiley

smiley - coolaka(",)smiley - cool

Post 10

NPY

thanks.
I kept trying to but it wouldn't do it - said there was an error of some kind. But I'm fixing it. I nearly think I know what I'm doing.
Keep you posted, or you can come and have a look if you like. Drop in any time.
katianna

Post 11

NPY

It's there!!!!
Come and look!!!

Post 12

Researcher 178815

Very nice smiley - smiley So, A philosopher, eh? smiley - ok

Post 13

NPY

something like that.
trying to psychoanalyse me by my intro then?

Post 14

Researcher 178815

I might be smiley - smileysmiley - erm

Do you ever read <./>ThePost</.>? Just wondering - My column in there might interest you - 'Cos I'm interested in the mind and how it works and stuff amongst other things, y'know, the usual; aliens, ghosts and the Ouijia Board Phenomena smiley - oksmiley - laugh

Post 15

NPY

no way am i doing a ouija board thing.
sorry

Post 16

Researcher 178815

Wasn't asking you to smiley - smiley Just letting you know the info for doing it properly and without risk is there smiley - smiley

smiley - footprintsaka (",)

Post 17

NPY

sorry, but ouija boards don't work - it's just stupid

Post 18

Researcher 178815

such says the voice of the non-beliving non-experienced, still adamant in the want of not experiencing - Sort of a vicious circle, really smiley - erm

smiley - footprintsaka (",)

Post 19

NPY

right?!?! Are you feeling ok?

Post 20

Researcher 178815

Yeah - just a little worried about the way you think;
You seem to be scared of trying a Ouija board (and rightly so), but then state that you think it's rubbish anyway, hence clearing any fear, in theory. smiley - erm

Nevermind. smiley - smiley

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more