This is the Message Centre for Kaz

pagan/buddhist

Post 1

doomswell

hey just found you page by accident...but im also a pagan buddhist!
i follow druidic(pagan) and theravada(buddhism), you?

pagan/buddhist

Post 2

Kaz

Hi doomswell

I am more of a general pagan, as I don't know what being a druid really means. Having read Ronald Hutton and realising there is no historical evidence for druidry, it made me re-think everything. Of course if you wish to call yourself a druid I have no problem with that. I know a few you consider themselves to be shamanic in practise which makes sense to me.

As for buddhism, I have read a lot and it seems to come back to the original 5 tenets or whatever you want to call them. So long as you explore each one honestly and know your reasons and know yourself, what more do you need?

Buddhism seems to be about getting in touch with your personal truth and paganism is getting in touch with the environment and not trying to be apart from it. I think that sums it up for me.

pagan/buddhist

Post 3

doomswell

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/brunel/A1140247 druidry is basicly one of the pagan paths like wicca, shamanism, native american beliefs, etc
It is mainly about a thirst for knowledge and instead of worshiping the gods we generally just respect them.

and for the Buddhism thing I think you mean the 4 noble truths altough I could be wrong.

but you do have a good point about "what more do you need?" , just as long as you respect yourself and the enviroment there really isnt much else. well, see ya round maybe...

pagan/buddhist

Post 4

Kaz

I know what Druidry is, that doesn't stop the fact that there is no historical evidence for ancient druids.

I know Emma Restall-Orr and many other well-known druids though and I respect their path.

As for paths such as wicca etc, I run the Pagan Federation website, so I feel I have a basic knowledge!

I also run a local pagan group in Croydon, so again I have some experience of other paths.

' well, see ya round maybe...'

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Kaz

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more