A Conversation for Animated Origami

A23137120 - Animated Origami

Post 21

Leo

Origami? You wanna explain what you're talking about? Maybe a link, if you can't provide a real quick definition (eg: the art of folding paper to look like something else without cutting it anywhere)?

>>The drawings of the various crane s were marked with simple dotted lines indicating the parts of the paper that should be folded however the order and direction of the folds were explained separately.

- THere should be a comma before "however". There is a reason for this, as for most (but not all) grammatical rules. In this case, someone might think that you could "fold however" to achieve the end result... not the point you want to make, I suspect.

>>Origami diagrams generally only need to record the key folds in the development of a and with a little experience, they can usually be followed little difficulty.

- How much experience is a little, in a diagram's life? smiley - tongueout You need to examine your pronouns there. Plus, there's a "with" missing.

>>In traditional animation techniques, c

- New topic, I gather. Here would be a good place to put a header Title describing what you're describing: ie: animation technique used for origami presentation

>>world-wide-web
- World Wide Web

Nice, I'm just wondering about the style at the moment. It reads like an essay, which is naturally how most people write, having been drilled in it through high school and college and university.

However, IMHO, h2g2 entries work better broken into sections, with each section clearly delineating a sub-topic. eg: historic origami, origami difficulties, online animations, origami in modern culture. (Don't use those titles; they're just to give an idea.)

This helps readers orient themselves and find what they're looking for, presuming they're looking for anything at all.

Implement the above and I'll be back to give it another consideration.

smiley - biggrin

Post 22

Icy North

Hi Derek,

Are you still with us? I'd love to read about Animated Origami in the Guide...

smiley - cheers Icy

Congratulations - Your Entry has been Picked for the Edited Guide!

Post 23

h2g2 auto-messages

Your Guide Entry has just been picked from Peer Review by one of our Scouts, and is now heading off into the Editorial Process, which ends with publication in the Edited Guide. We've therefore moved this Review Conversation out of Peer Review and to the entry itself.

If you'd like to know what happens now, check out the page on 'What Happens after your Entry has been Recommended?' at EditedGuide-Process. We hope this explains everything.

Thanks for contributing to the Edited Guide!

Post 24

Leo

Looks like Derek did actually make the changes. Pleasure to sub. Hope he comes back to see it on the front page.
smiley - cheers

Post 25

lil ~ Auntie Giggles with added login ~ returned

smiley - wow

Good man!!smiley - applause

smiley - bubbly

Post 26

Pimms

TRiG that update *has* replaced the original - as can be realised by the fact I am listed as a co-researcher with the original author. It happened around September 2004 - see the thread on the Origami entry titled Update Forum: A2923599 - Origami UPDATE.

Sorry I missed this while it was in PR.

Ah well.

Post 27

TRiG (Ireland) A dog, so bade in office

Sorry, Pimms, that was me being thick/not checking properly. I just glanced at the two different <./>search</.> results.

TRiG.smiley - silly

Post 28

TRiG (Ireland) A dog, so bade in office

And congratulations!

TRiG.smiley - jester

Post 29

derekstancombe

Hi,

I lost my way as to what I was supposed to do to move things forward - then went on hols for 3 weeks and came back early this morning.

I'm delighted to see the article was accepted. My thanks to the peer editors including Trig who revised the article -- I agree it works much better.

May I suggest amending the URL from www.origami.org to www.origami.org.uk as the latter is the correct address and the former does not contain anything to do with origami from what I could see.

Thanks again for all your help. I'm still happy to re-write anything else if needed.

Derek

Post 30

derekstancombe

Hi Icy

Nice to hear from you. I've literally only just read your message. I sort of lost my way around picking up messages and with holidays have been away for 3 weeks.

Many thanks for your kind words. I'm working behind the scenes on more animated origami and giving a talk on the subject at the British Origami Society's 40th year convention in Cambridge on 8th September.

Kind regards..

Derek

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more