A Conversation for Animated Origami

Peer Review: A23137120 - Animated origami - - www.origami.org.uk

Post 1

derekstancombe

Entry: Animated origami - - www.origami.org.uk - A23137120
Author: derekstancombe - U8480942

Hello,

I would be grateful for your review of my submission.

Many thanks,

Derek

A23137120 - Animated origami - - www.origami.org.uk

Post 2

Felonious Monk - h2g2s very own Bogeyman

I think it's a great idea, seeing as I used to do a lot of paper folding myself in younger days. If somebody had done an animation of how to fold a jackstone then I would have not wasted hundreds of sheets of paper.

Unfortunately, this gets classed as advertising as you are promoting your own website, fine site that it is nevertheless. At some point somebody will be along to ask you to remove this entry from PR, but not me, who hopes that it will grow and prosper.

Post 3

aka Bel - A87832164

I'm with you her, FM. Maybe if the link was somehow included a bit less obvious, and some more history added it could be ok? After all, it's not a commercial website.

Post 4

lil ~ Auntie Giggles with added login ~ returned

Perhaps if the first paragraph was moved nearer to the end of the article, and more history added, we could get around the initial appearance of advertising smiley - ok

Plus we need to remove it from the title too smiley - winkeye

Post 5

derekstancombe

Hi

Many thanks for your thoughts.

I've removed the web addresss from the heading and placed it towards the end of the text.

regards,

Derek

Post 6

derekstancombe

Hi

Many thanks for your reply -

Sorry for the delay as I've been away the past three days.

I've removed the web address from teh title and mentioned the site towards the end. If people want to find the animations, I'm not sure what other way they can find them.

Regards,...

Derek

Post 7

derekstancombe

Hello,

Further to my earlier replies, I have taken your advice and deleted the website link.

Many thanks again for your help,

Derek

Post 8

Leo

What you've got to do is discuss the concept, the history, the technology, etc, and oh, by the way, you can see it over here...

Post 9

aka Bel - A87832164

What leoi said. Nothing wrong with a link, but the entry could profit from a bit more info. smiley - ok

Post 10

Leo

Well, I'm suffering internal dissent here. As Skankyrich's replacement grump, I'd like to point out that we already have an entry on origami, so this entry cannot possibly use that topic as its basis for expansion. I'll also wonder if there is room to expand - how much can there be to say on the topic of animated origami? Though strictly from the entry, I'm still not sure what it is. Finally, if there's nothing in the entry except promotion of the site, I'd say it's against the spirit of the Guide.

As Leo, however, I'll state that if the author is willing, perhaps we can whip this into some sort of shape. For example, what makes it animated? What form of animation does it use? How are the animations made? Can other people contribute origami animations? How many years has this been going on? Have people been turned on by it? What about animating the origami creations themselves?

Post 11

Magwitch - My name is Mags and I am funky.

I can make a flapping bird standing on my head (not much else though smiley - sadface)

What Leo said (after he'd stopped being Rich smiley - smiley)

Post 12

Leo

smiley - run
*sneaks back in and sticks a "bloody" into the Skankyrich paragraph*

smiley - biggrin

Post 13

derekstancombe

Thank you to each of you for your contribution - some helpful guidance.

I'll work on expanding the article as suggested by Leo. Have a good weekend.

Derek

Post 14

derekstancombe

Hello again

I have completely re-written the article and added some historical and developmental background relating to the subject.

I'd be grateful for your thoughts...

Thanks,

Derek

A23137120 - Animated Origami

Post 15

TRiG (Ireland) A dog, so bade in office

You could include a link to the current article on Origami -- A570458. Note that an update of this is being worked on at A2923599, though this has not yet been submitted to the UpdateForum.

The information here looks good. I haven't yet checked to what extent you're duplicating material covered in the other entries. Assuming you're not treading on their toes, this is a good Entry.

TRiG.smiley - ok

Post 16

Leo

Much better. smiley - ok I'll be back to grump properly about it at a later date. smiley - ok

Post 17

Traveller in Time Reporting Bugs -o-o- Broken the chain of Pliny -o-o- Hired

Traveller in Time smiley - tit comparing
"Great entry providing information about the discription of the way and history about how to document teaching and making Origami.

Think this view of Origami definitely deservers an entry in the Guide. There are nearly no duplications between the Edited Entry and this one. You should give a link to the original entry though and as soon as this one is Edited a link to this entry should be made in the original.
smiley - ok

As long as the update is not in the update Forum, this one prevails; the updating should avoid writing about the documentation of how to do origami. "

Post 18

derekstancombe

Hi

I assume the initial A23137120 article will be replaced by the latest incarnation -- subject to it being acceptable.

I'd be grateful if someone could let me know if there is anything else I need to do?

Thanks for taking the time to provide feedback.

Derek

Post 19

derekstancombe

Hi Trig

Thanks for the info. on the origami page that is currently being updated.

I'll be glad to link to that page. Do I have to wait until the amendments have been approved?

Thanks..

Derek

Post 20

derekstancombe

Leo

look forward to hearing your grump...

Derek

Key: Complain about this post