This is the Message Centre for west wind

Hi there!

Post 1

Methos (one half of the HHH Management)

Yeah, that sounds good... *longing sigh*

Oh, but it isn't that bad here. Okay, you probably won't find a place to bath in the light of a glowing sunset (nice picture, btw smiley - winkeye) and I'm not sure if an open fire is allowed around here - but at least I'm sure it won't be too hard to find poetry, music and a story well-told. Just take a look throught the guide... smiley - smiley

Oh, and ya: Welcome to the guide!!!

Uups, I nearly forgot that part. But really, I hope you will enjoy your time at h2g2. I certainly do. Oh, btw, I'm Methos. I'm one of the ACEs (Assistant Community Editors) - a group of volunteers going around greeting new researchers... Anyway, I hope, you have everything you need? Okay, besides the sunset and that stuff... Sorry, can't help you with that. But if you have a question or wanna chat or something, just drop me a line or visit me at my place. Okay? smiley - smiley

Have fun exploring the guide!
Methos smiley - spider

P.S.: Jesus, my brain seems not be working quite right. Nearly forgot that one, too... You might wanna change your nickname from "Researcher XY" into a nickname of your choice. If you want to do so, just click on the my preferences-button at the top of your page... smiley - smiley

Hi there!

Post 2

west wind

Hello methos and thankyou for the welcome. I'm not quite sure how to choose a name, so I'm looking around at other peoples. How do people usually pick a name, and how to I find all this music, poetry and stories you mention?

Hi there!

Post 3

No problem at all. It's been my pleasure... smiley - smiley

How to pick a name? Well, I gave myself the name of the character in a tv series. Before I was Methos, I had another identity here at h2g2 (I forgot my password, so I had to register a second time...). Then I chose simply my second given name - Lena. Other researchers take nicknames they have in real life or anagrams... Whatever you want to call you, will be just fine. smiley - smiley

And my way to find something, is quite simple: I just type the word into the "search the guide"field at the top of the page. If you only want to look at edited guide entries you can simply look under the link "Life" also at the top of the page.

Hope I could help you a little?

Methos smiley - spider

Hi there!

Post 4

west wind

Hello again. I like your spider. An anagram sounds like a good idea - I'll think on that one. Thankyou.

Hi there!

Post 5

Hey, I see, you finally picked yourself a nickname. And a nice one, too. But somehwo I doubt that it is a anagram... Or is it?

Methos smiley - spider

P.S.: The spider and other loveley smilies can be found under http://www.bbc.co.uk/h2g2/guide/Smileysmiley - smiley

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for west wind

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more