A Conversation for Talking Point: Are We Really Alone In The Universe?

If you could ask one question of a seemingly omnipotent being ...

Post 1

swl

What would it be?

Mine's would be "Why is belly button fluff always blue?".

Post 2

Traveller in Time Reporting Bugs -o-o- Broken the chain of Pliny -o-o- Hired

Traveller in Time smiley - tit on top
"Probably as you wear blue shirts.

How about: 'Do you have a moment ?'

"

Post 3

kuzushi

If I only wanted to ask a question rather than require them to do anything I suppose the main thing would be that they were omniscient rather than omnipotent.

Post 4

swl

OK, OK. If they were omnipotent, I'd ask them to get rid of all the pedants first.

smiley - biggrin

Post 5

Effers;England.

Dear seemingly omnipotent being, how did you learn to speak English?

Post 6

kuzushi

Hey! You can't do that! smiley - cross

I'd ask said seemingly omnipotent being "Are you actually or just seemingly omnipotent?"

Post 7

Cruentos Solum

Euh, I think the 'being' would answer as follows:

Do you enjoy pain? Because I don't enjoy inflicting it... smiley - smiley ( I hope! )

That aside, my question would be more to the effect of: how can I possibly have more alcohol, sex, and accumulated driving experience simultaneously without, say, being blacklisted on forums and airports, pulled over by police patrols after passing each traffic signal, being arrested every couple of hours, being considered as someone who fits in an asylum or 'sanitarium' rather than 'life' in general, and other such 'unwanted' complications that life throws in one's way when he simply, honestly, and innocently, just wants to have a hell of a jolly good time, without hurting anyone, really. Ok, I withdraw the 'hell' because it involves rather cynical ambiguity: just complications that 'manifest' rather cruelly when someone intends to have some good time, considering they are existing at speeds below the speed of light.

Oh, also, if the answer involves shooting stars, explosions, bullets, tearing bodies apart, and stuff like that, I would ask them ( omnipotent being, that is, ) to please, ignore the question - no harm done, right?

Sincerely,

C.S.

Cheers

Post 8

Moving On

I'd ask "Why don't you ever answer my questions?

A2183636

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more