A Conversation for Scottish Researchers Group

Towel Day

Post 1

Mister Matty

It *does* seem a little "close" to the last meet smiley - erm (although we could make it a mini-meet) but that ain't never stopped us before smiley - biggrin, I suppose.

Dr EV alluded to this on the 5th. Although it should strictly be the Sunday, I suppose we could do something Saturday and wait until after midnight.

Towel Day

Post 2

Dr E Vibenstein (You know it is, it really is.)

I suppose if we'd really put some thought into it, we should have postponed the last meet until May 10th. smiley - doh However, too late now. smiley - cheers

Towel Day

Post 3

Mister Matty

That's kind of what I thought smiley - biggrin

Mind you, we *did* leave a huge gap between the last two meets October 'til April smiley - erm. So it could be argued we're making up for it.

Towel Day

Post 4

fords - number 1 all over heaven

I think a Towel Day meet is a splendid idea! We could always stay "relatively" sober until, say, about 10 pm on the Saturday, then have a right old p**s up at the bells.....

Towel Day

Post 5

The hootoo equivalent of Hogmanay. smiley - ok

Towel Day

Post 6

Demon Drawer

And nicely after the elections are out of the way.

Towel Day

Post 7

Mort - a middle aged Girl Interrupted

and i did miss the other one smiley - cry...

and whats this i hear about a mousemat???smiley - winkeye

Towel Day

Post 8

smiley - whistle

Towel Day

Post 9

Mort - a middle aged Girl Interrupted

mmmm...thought so, i said you had probably sold it to fund a smiley - ale

Towel Day

Post 10

Demon Drawer

No I don;t think he sold it. it was won fair and square and looks very nice on its new desk. smiley - winkeye

Towel Day

Post 11

But I do still have a mysterious mousemat-shaped package with "FAO Sir Mort" written on it. Dunno what's inside it though. smiley - winkeye

Towel Day

Post 12

Demon Drawer

Place your bets now!

Is it A) a mousemat in prestine condition.

Or B) a beer soaked beermat that EV exchanged for said item

Or how about C) a map of Edinburgh which mysteriously transforms into a mousemat if only you can read the details instruction in Sanskrit.

Towel Day

Post 13

My money's on C. smiley - ok

Towel Day

Post 14

Ku'Reshtin (Bring the beat back!)

I think a Towel Day meet in Edinburgh would be good.smiley - smiley And that has nothing to do with my having a game in Edinburgh the following day or anything, it's just a good idea.smiley - winkeye

Then again, as long as I can catch the last train to Largs from Glasgow (and we all know how good I am at that) Glasgow would be a good venue as well.

Towel Day

Post 15

Tiger Susie Innuendo, Owlatron's CB!! Major project, major grief!!!

I vote for Edinburgh! smiley - biggrin

Towel Day

Post 16

Demon Drawer

I vote for Whitburn as It means I can drink but means all you will have to study the First bus timetable to find out when you need to leave. smiley - winkeye

Towel Day

Post 17

Tiger Susie Innuendo, Owlatron's CB!! Major project, major grief!!!

Whitburn... the centre of the known universe! smiley - tongueout

Towel Day

Post 18

Ku'Reshtin (Bring the beat back!)

Edinburgh sounds good, as I said. That also means that I'll need a place to crashm, and that people can carry my football kit around for me.smiley - smiley

Towel Day

Post 19

Demon Drawer

Midway between Edi and Glasgow and only just off the M8. Just no rail station now thanks to Mr Beeching.

Towel Day

Post 20

We did Edinburgh last Towel Day, if you remember... http://www.evibenstein.co.uk/photos/h2g2/edbmay02.html

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more