A Conversation for Astral Projection

Getting Lost

Post 1

Cenchrea

Astral projection is something that I've always wanted to try, but there is one thing that makes me stop dead in my tracks, and that is "getting lost". My Dad tried it when he was younger, and did it reguarly with a freind of his. One time he did it, though, he was trying to get to a fairly far away place and somehow ended up somewhere in between. He came very close to panicking and getting into trouble, but luckily he recognized the town after a while and was able to figure out which direction to go. His mother found out about this and chastized him severely, telling him all these horror stories about how if you go too long away from your body, it dies.

How true is this? Does one really need to "know" where one is? And is there indeed any danger simply from being "away" too long? And why wasn't it possible for him to simply imagine himself back in his body and suddenly be there, such as was described? (I suggested this, but he shook his head and told me that it didn't quite work that way; but this entry seems to indicate otherwise.)

Getting Lost

Post 2

knitbunny

Whenever I've heard about astral projection there's always mention of a silver cord that connects the spirit to the body. No matter how far you travel the cord still links you to your physical form, ready to snap you back whenever you want.

Getting Lost

Post 3

Spangled Man

This is true but not all travellers are able to see it.

Getting Lost

Post 4

Dark_Willow

I've tried to astral project beofre but it doens't work for me.

Getting Lost

Post 5

Researcher 205243

Hello there

Theres no need to feel scared of getting lost whilst away from your body. The most effective technique to use to get back to your body is simply to imagine moving your physical toes, or your arms (toes are easiest though, because it's a smaller amount of effort). You will instantly phase back inline with your physical body.

Regards,
Anthony

http://www.outofbody.co.uk

Getting Lost

Post 6

Researcher 205629

Check out "Eckankar" and you will find that it is a worldwide awakening. I was involved a few years ago, but times changed and I still feel it calling me, silently. Astral Projection is wonderful and in no way scary. I find that using the word "HU" as I meditate is a great help!

Getting Lost

Post 7

U1996270

Even this website says there is a danger of your physical body being attacked while you're projecting, so I very much doubt that Astral Projection is totally safe.

I think the silver cord thing only works if you actually imagine it as you start leaving getting further from your body.

Also don't forget to imagine a bubble around your body.

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more