A Conversation for Writing Guidelines

Holding toe over water prior to losing balance

Post 1

Jon

Hi,
I am so new here as to be wet before the ears and behind the lips. <SMILEY TYPE="yuk"/> This note is as much to find out what happens when I press the red button that says "Do NOT press this button; this means YOU!!!" as to get answers to my questions.

I have collected a few items that I have written over the past few decades. They put forward views that have not been formally published. They deal with material that has not yet been demonstrated to be factual, though AFAIK they are valid in scientific and engineering terms. For two examples of one of the categories, one is on why it is insane to consider neglecting the really materially valuable inner solar system, such as Venus and Mercury and the chromosphere, while contemplating wasting money on visiting useless, frigid Mars, and another deals with how to move Kepler belt bodies to where they could be more useful, and do it economically.

There are others. Some of them are not written yet, such as how to generate a dragon curve from a Gray series and a counting series.

As you can tell, the subject matter is hardly encyclopaedic, but it is possible to discuss it on a basis of quantitatively and qualitatively rational and generally accurate concepts and facts. Furthermore, someday they might make a pentillionaire of some poor, starving bloated capitalists, so I feel bad about suppressing them.

Then of course, there is some fiction, some of it SF, but I suspect that belongs elsewhere, in more ethereal spheres. In general, quo vadis?

Any comments? Such as "Gidadahere!"?

Jon

Post 2

~ jwf ~ scribblo ergo sum

smiley - bigeyes

Welcome to h2g2, Jon.
smiley - towel

Feel free to submit any writing to the h2g2 Post.
smiley - thepost
http://h2g2.com/dna/h2g2/alabaster/thepost

And of course you're welcome to join in any conversation.

After a bit you may feel comfortable enough to start
a conversation in the ASK h2g2 forum. All you have
to do is put your idea in the form of a question.

Such as:
>>..why it is insane to consider neglecting the really
materially valuable inner solar system, such as Venus
and Mercury and the chromosphere, while contemplating
wasting money on visiting useless, frigid Mars... <<

If the subject line is too long (as above) just ASK
'Why is it insane to...' and put the rest of the question
in your first post. With that subject line there may be
some very interesting topic drift.

Until you have posted to a conversation you can monitor
(lurk) at all the ASK h2g2 question through this link:

http://h2g2.com/dna/h2g2/alabaster/A148907

smiley - bigeyes
~jwf~

Post 3

Jon

Thanks jwf,

At this rate I'll soon get that toe wet.

Not today though; reality is about to catch up with me; I am about to spend two days learning about snake handling without panicking.

Cheers

Jon

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more