A Conversation for Writing Guidelines

Partying

Post 101

Anonymouse

The night before comes back in bits and pieces. (And usually by someone else's recounting.)

Partying

Post 102

Shep Parsec

You always dread the conversations that start "do you remember when you..."(fill in the rest yorselves).

Partying

Post 103

Mrs V

My flatmate always says she can remember everything, shes never been so drunk to forget.....until our friend Karens 21st birthday party. Remember Boys and Girls, when someone comes up to you and says, try some of this, my dad made it, you say nooooo
Hxx

Partying

Post 104

linny

Just found this forum so I'm a bit behind with the discussion but I've got to agree with the Whisky or Whiskey drinkers. You can't beat a decent malt and you get a useful cardboard cylinder to keep all sorts of things in. And don't knock the home-made stuff either. I've had many an interesting evening with a glass or six of blackberry or elderberry wine. Oh the joys of living in the country.

Partying

Post 105

BadJelly

Reckless indulgence in whatever anyone puts in front of you usually ends in bed with wicked hangover.

Whenever you take liquor distilled at home to a party you should always take a small flask of 150+ proof spirit so that when some obnoxious yobbo wants to prove how hard he is you can give him a shot and watch his head explode.

Don't play tricks on your girlfriend though, colouring spirit to look like meths and pouring shots of it out of a meths bottle is not a brilliant party trick.

Partying

Post 106

TechnicolorYawn (Patron Saint of the Morally Moribund)

That's funny. smiley - smiley Like leaving the cubicle of a busy public toilets just finishing licking a blob of crunchy peanut butter from the end of your finger.

Partying

Post 107

Shep Parsec

That is absolutely rank....urgh!

Partying

Post 108

linny

Aw, gross!!!

Partying

Post 109

Mrs V

Is that the level of people we are dealing with here?? Dearie Dearie me.

Partying

Post 110

Peanut butter can be used for all sorts of toilet related tomfoolery. Like smearing some on a bit of bog-roll, throwing it under the cubicle next to you and saying, "Woah, can you kick that back over here?"

Partying

Post 111

Mrs V

ææææsssssjjjj. You are a truely revolting individual!!
Hxx

Partying

Post 112

Thanks!

Partying

Post 113

Mrs V

But I bet you're great fun at parties too.

Partying

Post 114

Capt. Smith

My absolute WORST drinking experience didn't last long, but it's certainly remembered (Or more correctly: I don't remember much of the drinking itself, but the hangover certainly is!) You just start off with one bottle of Sangria, and add most of the contents from a bottle of "Turkish Pepper", homemade in Norway, and BOOM! Took three or four hours to drink it all, I passed out, and the hangover lasted at least two days...

Anyway: Great longdrink: Add about 1/8 of vodka, 2/8 Bols blue and 5/8 Sprite. (aka. Icebeer or "Fjellbekk" in norwegian.) The best part of it is that after three or four of theese, your tongue turns blue!

Partying

Post 115

Mrs V

Oh god, Turkish Pepper... (Memories of RUSS come back to haunt Helena oh dear!)

Partying

Post 116

Shep Parsec

Worst hangover I ever had came after drinking a bottle of bacardi spice... I woke up paralysed in an armchair completely failing to recognise where the hell I was (considering I was in my lounge at the time). I couldn't move for three hours and felt as if my liver was going to fail any second.

The only way to cure a hangover is to drink your way around it.

Partying

Post 117

Anonymouse

Ah yes.. the dog that bit you.. and don't forget to play Nazareth's Hair of the Dog very, very loud. It won't cure your hangover, but it -will- seriously impair your desire for another. smiley - winkeye

Partying

Post 118

Mormo

I have to agree with you on the absolutely cr*ppy opening times of bars in Britain. I'm from the Netherlands and most of our good bars stay open untill 4am on weekends and mostly 2am on weeknights. I'm currently in Britain and besides from not having a Nightliner bus service, and thus having to taxi (or worse walk) home, the pubs are really getting to me. In the Netherlands we don't start going out untill 11pm at the earliest. Here the pubs close at 11pm or not much later anyway.

As for the longest party I've ever had: a 48 hour rave in the docks somewhere in Amsterdam. Complete with chillout room, restaurant and a unbelievable amount of excellent DJ's. Only bad part was getting there and back. It involved a trip in a rowboat able to carry a maximum of 6 people. Of course there were up to 25 people in it at the same time... smiley - smiley

BEER (Definitely NOT Guiness, really)

Post 119

Mormo

Nah.... As far as dutch beers go one should definately try "Hertog Jan". Properly translated: Duke John.
A great dutch beer from a small dutch town that everybody wants to forget.

Partying

Post 120

Ormondroyd

My worst hangover experience came many years ago when I had a long binge on Dry Martini with a rather strange college friend who drank nothing else, but was quite willing to share litre bottles (note the plural) of the stuff. I can't remember how much we drank but I do remember that I couldn't get the taste out of my mouth on the morning AFTER the morning after. (My memories of the first day after are a bit of a blur). smiley - bigeyes

Key: Complain about this post