This is the Message Centre for MrsCloud

Enter the Saint

Post 1

Researcher 232104

My version of ENTER THE SAINT (paperback, Fiction Publishing Co. New York) only contains The Policeman with Wings and The Lawless Lady. But it does have a nice 3 page intro from Charteris.

Had you considered running your guide by story rather than book? You could have a "Published in.. section".

I had just started putting together a guide for my own use to keep track of characters and references to other adventures - but I'd be more than willing to help out with your site,

All the best,

Tony

Enter the Saint

Post 2

MrsCloud

yeah, i have been kinda distracted. It started just as a list of the books, then i thought about trying to go through them to figure out where the main caracters first appear and try to pick up the facts so i could finish the other page on the saint someone else started. To do this i started going through the books and making notes and thought may as well put them in a synopsis. But my lack of enthusiasm for essays and the wish not to give the whole plot away had tempered my interest.

I have two copies of Enter the Saint, one which is lacking a cover so i can't be sure of it's origin but is in a similar sytle to other saint books published by Hodder and Stoughton 1950's era. The other is Everyman Paperbacks, J.M. Dent & Sons Ltd, 1983. Both contain all three stories.

Enter the Saint

Post 3

Researcher 232104

This is just why I started putting together my list.

Apparently a lot of the USA paperback editions have been "cut about a bit" with odd stories removed - sometimes to make a extra "novel" or just to keep the page count down.

Enter the Saint

Post 4

MrsCloud

There were a couple of omnibus editions with a selection of stories in them, i know that much.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for MrsCloud

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more