This is the Message Centre for DA ; Simply Vicky: Don't get pithy with me!

Hello Della

Post 1

biomass

How did Jimmy pull up? I hope he's back on his feet and ready to go 15 rounds. What about you, did it drain you to the point that you're still recovering too? Have you recovered yet? He's probably better off than you are now (I was gonna put a laughing smiley in, then realised that it's more than likely true. Sorry about that).

Hello Della

Post 2

DA ; Simply Vicky: Don't get pithy with me!

Hello, biomass, good to hear from you again. Jimmy has recovered from the chickenpox, and is now suffering from schoolworl overload. He has only the odd pockmark to show for it - and the prospect of shingles in 35 years doesn't bother him - it's very distant, like male pattern baldness.
I am having toothache in sympathy with my daughter-in-law Megan who had a nightmarish dentist visit yesterday. (Yes, *I* have a daughter in law - woo hoo! I cannot believe time passes so fast...)
Jimmy was just saying that he assumes the doctor's unreadable handwriting is a separate course, but I told him that it's from rapid and frantic note-taking, which my friend Deborah Bange (Miss Banj, as our landlord called her) told me when she was a medical student. smiley - doctor

Hello Della

Post 3

biomass

Glad that Jimmy is fine, but you tell him from me that male pattern baldness is a drama way before you're bald. It's the years of thinni8ng that worry you - who gives a snot when you're bald, it's the big, slow lead up (which includes a lack of ladies) that really bothers you. So glad that you care enough to go out in sympathy with the daughter-in-law. It shows you care. I must say that I have spent a lifetime with people telling me that I have beautiful writing. but the speed at which notes must be taken has turned it into illegible scrawl - -that's what happens when you need to write faster than you can comfortably do. I now understand doctors also.

Hello Della

Post 4

DA ; Simply Vicky: Don't get pithy with me!

He's already angsting about it, he asks me when he's lying down if I can see any thinning, (he's taller than me, so I can't see if he's standing up.)
When I was studying, I thought about investing in one of those note-taker thingies, when I did linguistics last year, two students who had English as a second language used them - only one lecturer objected. But then comes the fun of transcribing the notes anyway...
I've always found it easier to learn something by hearing than by reading, but that's just me.
I am glad I am not doing medicine - Jimmy will be, and his handwriting is already pretty horrible...

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for DA ; Simply Vicky: Don't get pithy with me!

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more