A Conversation for Bequia, St Vincent and the Grenadines, West Indies

bequia

Post 1

TjabaTjenaHallo

I would also say its a great place for trips off to the other little islands around, Canouan, Union, Cariacou for example. I would
hate to think of people going down to Bequia and not taking time to get around some of the other islands that are so close. ps. I haven't been there for ages, is Julie's still there, the Port Hole, Macs Pizzeria?

bequia

Post 2

Shea the Sarcastic

Yes, yes, and yes! smiley - smiley I'm sorry to say that the Crab Hole isn't there any more. I loved their screenprinted clothes.

One of my favorite places for lunch is the Green Boley. They make a fabulous roti ... give me that and a Bitter Lemon ... heaven! smiley - angel

bequia

Post 3

TjabaTjenaHallo

Cor, I live in Sweden now, and so the thought of returning, if not to Bequia, but to somewhere in the East Caribbean weighs heavy on my heart, I dug out some old photos the other day ...St Lucia from the sea, the Pitons just visible, picnics on Bequia, and that tiny little little island just off Cariacou, I spent 18 months wandering around down there, simply the best time of my life in many different ways. Ah well, perhaps a holiday in acouple of years time.

bequia

Post 4

Shea the Sarcastic

*sigh*

I put some sunscreen on the other day that I hadn't used since I was down there ... it's amazing how a scent can transport you somewhere! smiley - smiley

bequia

Post 5

TjabaTjenaHallo

Oh my god... smells.... mango, jasmine, lemon verbana (spelling?), coconut oil, night bathing at Soufriere on St Lucia, breadfruit baking on an open fire (oh no ...it's a Bing Crosby attack!...just think if Bill Cosby and Bing Crosby had ever been cross bred), jerk pork, chicken, curry goat, those other "sweet odours" drifting across the night. Love Apples!!!! Bequia sweet sweet sweet!!!

bequia

Post 6

Shea the Sarcastic

I love those birds! Even when they're trying to steal my roti at the Green Boley! smiley - winkeye

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Bequia, St Vincent and the Grenadines, West Indies

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more