A Conversation for Spoken Word Poetry

Flea Market: A574760 - Spoken Word Poetry

Post 1

Gavroche

http://www.bbc.co.uk/h2g2/guide/A574760

It's been awhile since I've been to the Peer Review page, and now I'm on the other side. I miss being a scout, but whatever time I do have to spend at H2G2 I feel is best spent doing what I enjoy most -- being a researcher.

Anyway, this above piece has stood unfinished for awhile on my space entitled "Spoken Word Poetry in St. Louis" (referring to where I live) and I realized today that if I cut off those last three words, I had a finished piece. Perhaps the shortest item I've ever written, I do have a tendency to write long items, but it defines Spoken Word Poetry pretty well, in my humble opinion, and goes on to define what a Poetry Slam is. Perhaps later I will write another entry on poetry in my hometown. But it's probably better not to mix the general and the specific in one entry.

So...what does everyone think?

And hi to anyone who remembers me.

smiley - fish Gavroche

A574760 - Spoken Word Poetry

Post 2

taliesin

Interesting. I wonder if a brief footnote regarding the 'Beat' movement/phenomenon would be appropriate? I don't know if there are any Guide entries on Beat, but if there are you could link to them..

Good article. smiley - smiley

Post 3

Wayfarer -MadForumArtist, Keeper of bad puns, Greeblet with Goo beret, Tangential One

yeees, good overall, but i too would appreciate a short explanation of "the Beat".(there aren't any entries on it; i checked.)

Post 4

Mikey the Humming Mouse - A3938628 Learn More About the Edited Guide!

I just took a look at the official Poetry Slam website, and I really think this entry could do with some fleshing out. It's a hysterical top, IMHO, and well worth the effort.

A brief purview of the website would probably give you some ideas for the areas in which the entry could use some fleshing -- if you want some more specific suggestions, let me know and I'll post some.

smiley - aliensmile
Mikey

Thread Moved

Post 5

h2g2 auto-messages

Editorial Note: This conversation has been moved from 'Peer Review' to 'The Flea Market'.

...the author seems to have 'left the building'.

Entry updated a bit

Post 6

Gavroche

Yes, I certainly took a long walk and got distracted...

2002 may or may not provide time away from those distractions, so anybody who wishes to flesh this out more has my blessing to run with it.

I provided a little more info from the Poetry Slam Inc site, which I am assuming is the official site Mikey referred to.

I also linked to the H2G2 entry on Beat Poetry as it does exist now.

Entry updated a bit

Post 7

craziest frog in the heartland of the united states

i shall run with it sir.

Entry updated a bit

Post 8

Bluebottle

I'd like to propose Back to Entry
This has a good start, but after the introduction it fizzles out and basically says 'for more information, look at someone else's website'. Great topic, so a pity it was abandoned.

<BB<

Back to Entry

Post 9

h2g2 Guide Editors

Entry removed from FM

Key: Complain about this post