This is the Message Centre for Dancer (put your advert here)

All about Ringing

Post 1

Dancer (put your advert here)

So - I am sitting in a Sushi place in Jerusalem for lunch with my girlfriend. We just finished lunch and paid the check - and there's a card they ask you to fill about how good the service and stuff is:
My Girlfriend (Lets call her G from now on) fills it:

Food: 5
Service: 5
Atmosphere: 4

Then she starts filling the Members' registration card with my details. Name, address, email, date of birth, and then there is the wedding date.

She asks me what to write - so I tell her to put it as April 11th or something like that - because then it's after winter's ended - but before the wedding boom of the summer.

She asks "2009?" and I say "2008", so she says "2009!"

Now - lets go back a month or so.
A friend of mine is a designer - so I dropped by her office one afternoon and said "You need to help me design a ring for G". She jumped on me - but when she calmed down we sat down and dre some sketches.

I called my best friend then and told her she has to stop studying for today and come with me to Tel-Aviv (She's studying for her final exams - she'll be a MD soon). We went to a Jeweler there and entrusted her with the job of making the ring. It took her a month to make - and that sushi afternoon was after I came back from Tel-Aviv with the ring in my pocket.

I was planning on asking that night - but since we were discussing dates already...
G: "2009?"
Me: "2008"
G: "2009!"
Me: "2008!" [I Open the box and put the ring on the table]
G: !!! [Stares, then takes the ring out and put it and smile, then writes 2008].

Anyway - what I was trying to say is - I'm getting married smiley - biggrin

smiley - hsif
Dancer

All about Ringing

Post 2

Titania (gone for lunch)

smiley - laugh Well, I guess that's one way of proposing - argue!smiley - bubbly

All about Ringing

Post 3

Traveller in Time Reporting Bugs -o-o- Broken the chain of Pliny -o-o- Hired

Traveller in Time smiley - tit on top
"Congratulations smiley - smileysmiley - magic

Seems still a point to make it next year smiley - ok"

All about Ringing

Post 4

Sho - employed again!

smiley - bubbly
that's great news!

All about Ringing

Post 5

smiley - bubbly

Thanks
smiley - hsif

All about Ringing

Post 6

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

smiley - bubbly

smiley - biggrin

smiley - hug

*ponders pointing out beauty of redwood forests and the Pacific Ocean for honeymoonssmiley - winkeye*

All about Ringing

Post 7

DoctorMO (Keeper of the Computer, Guru, Community Artist)

Why would they ask you for such personal information on such a form? I have the gut feeling they were asking for the information so they could clone your bank details from your card (if you pay by that method) and then gain access to your account.

I'd never tell anyone my date of birth unless they were friends as some people use that public information to varify it's you.

Anyway, congratulations!!

All about Ringing

Post 8

actually - it's because they send you an invitation to eat a free meal on your birthdays and wedding anniversaries.

The system here is a bit different and scams like this are not very common. Most scammers here make sure the person to actually bring the money to them since it's not easy to get other people's money from the bank.

smiley - hsif
Dancer

All about Ringing

Post 9

OK that's good. So now you have quite an interesting story to tell the grand-kids.

All about Ringing

Post 10

Sho - employed again!

oh that's a good thing to fill out, Dancer

and what a great way to propose smiley - magic

All about Ringing

Post 11

Dancer

hihi
was nice to come back to read this one smiley - smiley

All about Ringing

Post 12

Sho - employed again!

oh there you are!!!
how are you? what have you been up to?
smiley - kiss

All about Ringing

Post 13

Lady Pennywhistle - Back with a vengeance! [for a certain, limited value of Vengeance; actual amounts of Vengeance may vary]

Wow, took me a while to realise this journal entry was more than three years old. smiley - erm Not exactly the right time to congratulate you, I suppose...

I guess I should add your new account to my friends' list (or 'friend you', as the kids today say). Sababa?

All about Ringing

Post 14

Dancer

smiley - magic
Sababa smiley - biggrin
Always a good time to congratulate. Thanks very much.
In fact - Congratulations are in order again since G is now ~3 month pregnant. First grandson for my parents (actually - according to the ultrasonogram - seems like it's going to be granddaughter)

smiley - hsif

All about Ringing

Post 15

soeasilyamused, or sea

That's lovely news! Congrats, Dancer!!! smiley - smiley

All about Ringing

Post 16

I wonder what it turned out to be, grandson or granddaughter.

Key: Complain about this post