This is the Message Centre for Harlequin {Keeper of Contradictions, Ambiguity and Things You Shouldn't Ask But Do}

Journal Entries

Post 1

Harlequin {Keeper of Contradictions, Ambiguity and Things You Shouldn't Ask But Do}

I'm not going to keep one basicly smiley - cool

However if you really must know, a day in the life of Harlequin consists of :

1) Wake up... Time is unimportant. This is accompanied by either the thought "S***t, too early" or "S***t, too late".

2) Breakfast... Invariably Fruit Juice, two slices of Jam on toast, cup of sweet tea. TV on gather news of days events so far.

3) Gather information on weather, if I felt the need to put on a sweatshirt when I got out of bed...it is cold, otherwise it is warm. Opening the blinds reveals wet/dry, sunny/dull. Wash and scrub and lament the fact my hair might be thinning/greying.

4) Switch on PC to check mails on the offchance someone has sent me mail.... disregard anything beginning with 'Do you want to make it bigger...', 'You have won...', 'See the hottest teen action around...', and 'Celebrity pics for free...' This selection process usually leaves me with little to read. Switch off PC.

5) Variety being the spice of life, my day diverges at this point, on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays I dutifully ignore the fact that these days are when I decided I should be at the gym first thing.

Mondays are good, this is the day I should be washing last weeks clothes and ironing this weeks, followed by food shopping, the payment of the odd bill and a turn round the flea market in town. It is also the day when I weigh myself and decide this week I will go to the gym.

Wednesday is pay day smiley - biggrin

Thursday is maintenance day smiley - sadface

Friday is an early start at work smiley - sadface so I amuse myself by rushing round to do the housework and having breakfast out before work starts at noon.

6) Work, this starts at 3.15pm, but essentially begins around 2.30pm when I get ready to go etc.

7) Get back from work around 10.15pm, have bath and shave.

8 ) Switch on PC on the off-chance anyone mailed me, and repeat selective process of 4)

9) Get into H2G2 to see which conversations I have become involved in have left me behind and moved on.

10) Go to bed around Midnight.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Harlequin {Keeper of Contradictions, Ambiguity and Things You Shouldn't Ask But Do}

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more