A Conversation for Iowa

What About AMES???

Post 1

The Doctor

Huh? What about Ames? It may not be as big but it has some things that Des Moines doesn't. Like fresh water, live trees, and good sports teams.

What About AMES???

Post 2

Teenwolf

Well, I'll grant you the water. I lived in Des Moines much of my life, and the water is terrible. However, there are plenty of trees in Des Moines, one simply needs to know where to look. In any case, when one considers things such as night life, and the capability of the residents to carry on a conversation more complicated than, "so what are you taking this semester," given the subject is something other than engineering, computers, or "don't the Hawkeyes suck", Ames can't compare to Iowa City, Des Moines, or even Davenport. Sorry.

What About AMES???

Post 3

DigiMuzik

Don't forget to mention the best bus system in the world. Okay so I haven't personally witnessed too many other bus systems, but CyRide is prety decent. I'm not biased or anything, I just work there.

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more