This is the Message Centre for paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

The jungle in Mr. M's office (a dream)

Post 1

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

As I've mentioned in other journals, a medication that I'm taking is said to cause strange dreams as a side-effect.

I consider this a blessing, not a curse.

Last night, I dreamed I was in my boss's office, helping him with some project or other. This would have been back in the 1970s or 1980s. Mr. M was as much of a clutter collector as I am, maybe worse. And, in thi dream, the floor of his office suffered the same fate as the floor of my house in some of my other dreams: Such a deep layer of dirt had collected on the floor, that plants had taken root.

Except that Mr. M's office had overgrowth to an extreme rarely seen. There was a good-sized shrub on which you could see buds forming. Or maybe they were seeds. Who knew?

The greatest prize was a maple tree that was at least eight feet high, and growing like crazy. It would touch the ceiling in anther foot or so, and I reflected that the best thing to do would be to cut off its top and let the branches spread out sideways.

Post 2

SashaQ - happysad

Wow! smiley - ok

Post 3

Pierre de la Mer ~ sometimes slightly worried but never panicking ~

Ook! The son of librarians approves! smiley - smiley

smiley - pirate

Post 4

I don't know how the plants managed to be so lush. Mr. M. smoked like a chimney. Tobacco smoke is probably not good for plants to ingest, but maybe he set off the smoke alarms now and then, so his jungle got some nice water. or maybe he watered it himself.

Post 5

I believe tobacco smoke has one positive side effect: It helps protecting plants against pests smiley - ok

However it doesn't do much good to books smiley - erm

smiley - pirate

Post 6

You might be surprised to know how many vegetables contain nicotine:

tomato, potato, eggplant (aubergine), and green pepper.

All of these plants, including tobacco, belong to the nightshade family.

Also green tea, black tea, and cauliflower.

Post 7

Next to tobacco tea is probably the easiest to smoke. Tomatoes and the other veggies probably not so much

smiley - pirate

Post 8

Tea may contain nicotine. Sympathy not so much.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more