This is the Message Centre for paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

Oh hapy Day! My seeds have come!

Post 1

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

Nothing says Spring like a package from one of the seed companies that I order from. I have everything I need for my vegetable garden, plus most of what I need for my wildflower gardens. One of the companies That I ordered from said it wouldn't send my Coreopsis Early Sunrise seeds until mid-April. This is silly, as the plants wouldn't be blooming this season anyway. They just have leaves the first year. Them after another winter, they come up and bloom. My plan is to grow them in cowpots on my windowsill. I've done this in years past, with good results. smiley - smiley

Today was mild. The sun was warm. I *know* cold weather will come back time and again before Spring finally gets here, but I can bask in the glow of an imagined Spring day anyway. smiley - smiley

(Is my Spring fever too obvious? smiley - bigeyes)

Post 2

Evangeline

I hope you'r garden grows well. I had a few good years of gardening and some not as productive.

One particular spring, Merlyn the labrador decided to help. He raided the garden stuff which was in a box. He brought the trowel, the garden fork, and two packs of seeds to the spot we had marked for the garden plot. We figured he wanted beans and corn added to his kibble.

Post 3

smiley - laugh

So, you can have a Lab test any time you want. How about a smiley - cat scan? smiley - evilgrin

Post 4

Evangeline

I think Merlyn did that in 1997 or so.

He could get out of his fenced area. On one of those excursions he swiped the neighbor's newspaper, shook it out of the bag unrolled it and spread it out. Then, napped on it. When I got home from work the neighbor called (laughing) and asked if Merlyn was done with the paper. I collected it, folded it and brought it to her. She said she wasn't sure if he would bite. Nope, the sixty pound dog was docile, it was Maverick, the older 20lb dog that was the watch dog.

Post 5

Do watch dogs turn clockwise before lying down to sleep?

Post 6

Evangeline

Maverick would jump onto my bed, turn while tugging the comforter into a nest, then lay down, and..... wait for it............*sigh* then go to sleep. I am sure if he knew all the other watch dogs turned clockwise, he would have turned counterclockwise, just to be different.

The previous watchdog was a cocker spaniel sheepdog mix. He looked like the typical hunting dog: little a little over two feet high at his back, white with brown 'cow spots', feathers on his legs, long enough to put his paws on my brother's chest when he stood up. He had the herding instinct. He followed Dad and herded the rest of us including the cats. Well, not Mama cat.

Post 7

He did well if he could herd *any* cats. smiley - erm They are reputed to be unherdable.

Post 8

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

Just like h2g2erssmiley - laugh

Post 9

Evangeline

When Fluffy (beautiful fluffy grey cat) got caught out in the heavy rain bringing her kittens in from the back acre of our property, the dog met her, took the kitten and brought it to the house, then the next kitten and the one after that. A few years later, different cat, different dog, same story.

If I went outside the dog would wrap himself around me if someone he didn't trust approached me.

Post 10

The next time you see that happen, I'm sure Dmitri would like you to take pictures of it for the Post. smiley - smiley

Post 11

Evangeline

That may be a while, if at all.

The first dog was male. He fought with the first cat for a few weeks then they must have reached a truce or something. They never got 'close' but she would always be nearby if she was outside. She was a bit of a guard cat.

The next dogs were female (Queen and Princess) Catahoulas. Not the brightest pets I ever had, but when another cat got caught in a downpour, Princess carried the kittens to shelter under the carport.

Post 12

Brains are overrated. smiley - winkeye

Post 13

Pierre de la Mer ~ sometimes slightly worried but never panicking ~

it has been suggested telling people that the brain is an app

that way some might start using it smiley - whistle

smiley - pirate

Post 14

Reality Manipulator

I planted some wild-flower plug plants last year and they were growing nicely in late autumn but one day I noticed quite a number had disappeared. It looked like some of my plants had been stolen by one of my neighbours. It am still annoyed as it is the first time I ever had any success growing wild flowers.

Post 15

I've had plants disappear, but squirrels were to blame 9 times out of 10. smiley - grr

I put up fences to keep the rabbits out, but there's a rabbit *inside* one of my fences right now. The rabbit probably feels that the fence is there tom protect it from predators. Anyway, the Echinacea that our local bunnies like to eat won't start coming up for another three months. I have a home-made recipe for rabbit-repelling sprays, so there's no need to inconvenience my bunny any sooner than that.

It's a cute bunny.

Key: Complain about this post