A Conversation for Northeastern US Researchers Group

Sign Me Up!

Post 1

Shea the Sarcastic

Here's the place to leave your name, U#, and state if you'd like to be put on the list! smiley - smiley

Sign Me Up!

Post 2

broelan

suggestions:
you should extend your area to include maryland, because i accidentally highlighted it when i was marking your territory on my dayplanner map smiley - yikes
might also include d.c., and i think yowuzupman is from there, u150489.

now that we've gotten it that far, might you include ohio, i *might* make a meet-up, but boston would be out of the question. so would july.

actually i had thought many times about organizing an american meet up, but the u.s. is so much bigger than britain, i wasn't sure about how to go about doing it. i like the idea of breaking it up in regions, tho. i've thought st. louis made a rather neutral location (right in the middle), and for obvious reasons, easier for me to attend. smiley - winkeye

i may see about organising a mid-western region and staging a meet up in st. louis, chicago, or k.c.

thanks for the inspiration! and let me know if your meet gets moved any further west smiley - biggrin

Sign Me Up!

Post 3

Shea the Sarcastic

Thanks for the suggestions! I wasn't sure if people from D.C. considered themselves northeast or mid-atlantic ... and I also wasn't sure how far west to go ...

You want an "honorary" membership? smiley - winkeye

Sign Me Up!

Post 4

broelan

not sure if i'm 'chic' enough to be an honorary new yorker smiley - laugh

what the heck! sign me up smiley - smiley

Sign Me Up!

Post 5

ÅçïÐßåth© H2G2-you can check out but you'll never leave!

Shea, i'm almost speachless with admiration! What a fantastic entry, as a total USAophile i'm gonna be in my element here!smiley - kiss And thank you so much for puting me in there, i'm honored. My second favorite Yanky of all time (Walt Whitman) said:
"Behold, I do not give lectures or a little charity, when I give I give myself" He could have been talking about my favorite Yanky of all time (you)
absmiley - smiley

Sign Me Up!

Post 6

Shea the Sarcastic

ab, *I'm* speechless! Like I said ... what would I do without you? smiley - crysmiley - rose

And broe, you're in! If you can talk baseball, you're enough of a New Yorker in my book! But you gotta give up those Cards! smiley - winkeye

Sign Me Up!

Post 7

Amy: ear-deep in novels, poetics, and historical documents.

I'm in Pennsylvania at the moment... and will be until August when I leave for uni in Virginia. But put me down under PA anyway. smiley - biggrin

Sign Me Up!

Post 8

Shea the Sarcastic

smiley - wow YAY™!!! Welcome Amy! smiley - hug

::Amy gets a big sloppy kiss from Lycaon::

Sign Me Up!

Post 9

Amy: ear-deep in novels, poetics, and historical documents.

smiley - biggrinsmiley - hug

Hi, Lycaon, love you too... *wipes dog slobber from face* smiley - winkeye

Sign Me Up!

Post 10

broelan

give up my cards?!?! never! no sooner than i'd give up my blues or my rams! but if you promise not to tell anyone, i would consider becoming a part time mets fan (when they're not playing my cards, of course smiley - winkeye )

Sign Me Up!

Post 11

Shea the Sarcastic

I was kidding, broe! I'd never make someone do that! smiley - winkeye

What you say reminds me of a bumper sticker that my sister used to have: My favorite teams are the Mets and anyone playing the Yankees ... smiley - biggrin

Sign Me Up!

Post 12

ÅçïÐßåth© H2G2-you can check out but you'll never leave!

Hehe, what a great bumper sticker, i'd become a Mets fan Shea, but that *really* would be the kiss of death for them, any sport team I support instantly sink to an all time low!
absmiley - smiley

Sign Me Up!

Post 13

Shea the Sarcastic

They can't sink a whole lot lower, ab ... smiley - sadface

Sign Me Up!

Post 14

Starbirth - {Seeker of the Cosmic Lottery Winning Numbers}

#175674 - Conneticut

Sign Me Up!

Post 15

#175674 - Conneticut

Sign Me Up!

Post 16

Excuse the double posting.

Sign Me Up!

Post 17

Shea the Sarcastic

I can sign you up twice if you'd like, starbirth! Welcome! Thanks for coming! smiley - biggrin

Sign Me Up!

Post 18

do I get double comp points? hehe

Sign Me Up!

Post 19

Shea the Sarcastic

No, but you get double Green Stamps! smiley - biggrin

Sign Me Up!

Post 20

Cool I have been saving now for 34 years. I've had my eye on that new fangled 19 inch Panasonic Color Television. {comes with 15' antena with one of those fancy rotor box's. I heres you can get upwards of 5 stations on it.} i am only 34,000 short. life is just to good sometimes.

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more