A Conversation for SS-Hauptscharfuhrer Konrad Morgen : The Bloodhound Judge

A564581 - SS-Hauptscharfuhrer Konrad Morgen : The Bloodhound Judge

Post 1

Foxbat

http://www.bbc.co.uk/h2g2/guide/A564581

This entry is about one of the few honest men who did all that was in their power to stop Nazi atrocities even when the Nazis were in power, but have been relegated to relative obscurity in the post war era. This is also story of raw courage and single minded determination winning through adversity to achieve the seemingly imnpossible.

Post 2

Mr. Cogito

Hello,

A fascinating and well-written entry on the horror of the Holocaust and a brave attempt at fighting the atrocities from within the system. I don't really have anything to criticize.

Yours,
Jake

Post 3

Swiv (decrepit postgrad)

Impressive entry

I can only say one thing:
For the sake of ease of reading I would suggest breaking it up with a couple of sub-headers
...title..

I would suggest, having the intro on the holocaust, a subheader for Morgen's pre-holocaust careers, and then a subheader for what he did during the holocaust.

Post 4

Swiv (decrepit postgrad)

would suggest you post backhere as well, when you change stuff smiley - winkeye

looks stunning, if you put your headings between subheader GML tags you will get a blue subheader
e.g
Morgen vs the Holocaust

Post 5

Jimi X

This was a really great entry! Well-researched and very interesting.

I never knew there were challenges to the Holocaust from within the Nazi organization.

Great stuff! smiley - smiley

- X

Post 6

Cestus

First things first.......

A few typos:
Paragraph 4: 'fellowmen' should read 'fellow men'
Paragraph 4: 'spent on loft pronouncements' should read 'spent on lofty pronouncements'
Paragraph 8: '1rst Lieutenant' should read '1st Lieutenant'
Paragraph 14: 'two imates of the camp' should read 'two inmates of the camp'

Having got the nasty part out of the way.........

This is without question one of the finest articles it has ever been my pleasure to read. WWII history has long been an interest of mine but I have always focused on the strategies and technologies rather than the social and internal behaviour of the governments involved.

Obviously I have read fairly extensively on the Holocaust, however, and yet I had never even thought to look for honourable behaviour by Nazis. I must therefore say that I feel this is the first article I've read in the guide that is actually 'important' as well as excellent.

All my very best,

Cestus

Post 7

Foxbat

Thank you smiley - smiley I have corrected the typos now .

Post 8

Monsignore Pizzafunghi Bosselese

Heck! What on Earth made that Mod hide this entry?

*curiously waiting*

Post 9

Swiv (decrepit postgrad)

do they automatically hide it when something is changed?

*hopes it comes back soon*

Post 10

Blatherskite the Mugwump - Bandwidth Bandit

It's baaaaack...

This is an outstanding article, and belongs in the Edited Guide (no thanks to the censors). I do have a couple of comments...

The introduction on the Holocaust is a bit too much, in my opinion. It leans to overdramatic, propagandist tones, and doesn't really tell us anything we don't already know. I feel that the article would be better without it.

When you tell us people's ranks, I think it would be helpful, whenever possible, to include a parenthetical remark or footnote telling us the rough equivalent, like you do when Morgen reaches the equivalent of 1st Lieutenant.

Congratulations!

Post 11

Monsignore Pizzafunghi Bosselese

Yes, this is an outstanding article, and now it's on its way to get its place in the Edited Guide!

Your excellent entry has now gone into the Editorial Process for future inclusion in the Edited Guide. This means that the day will come when your Entry will be featured on the Front Page. Please keep in mind that the Editorial process may take some time. You'll be informed by eMail when your Entry has made it.

Keep up the good work!

Bossel, Scout

Congratulations!

Post 12

Swiv (decrepit postgrad)

Congratulations Foxbat,
well deserved acceptance

Congratulations!

Post 13

h2g2 auto-messages

Editorial Note: This thread has been moved out of the Peer Review forum because this entry has now been recommended for the Edited Guide.

If they have not been along already, the Scout who recommended your entry will post here soon, to let you know what happens next. Meanwhile you can find out what will happen to your entry here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/h2g2/guide/SubEditors-Process

Congratulations!

I Am Locked Out !

Post 14

Foxbat

Hi Guys,

Thanks a lot for that ! Unfortunately, when I tried to convert my H2G2 login into a H2G2/BBC login, I lost access to my earlier profile! I am trying to get this fixed now with help from the technical team.

Thanks again smiley - smiley

I Am Locked Out !

Post 15

Foxbat

Hi Guys,

Thanks a lot for that ! Unfortunately, when I tried to convert my H2G2 login into a H2G2/BBC login, I lost access to my earlier profile! I am trying to get this fixed now with help from the technical team.

Thanks again smiley - smiley

Subbing stuff

Post 16

GTBacchus

Hello Foxbat!

Hi, I'm GTBacchus, and I'm SubEditing your entry. Before I get down to business, let me just say that this is one of the finest entries ever to cross my desk. Thank you for contributing such excellent research and writing to the guide.

Now, there seems to be a problem with one of the links you provided at the bottom. I can't post the URL here, because this is a conversation forum, but it's the one at the Denmark site relating to 'The Nuremberg Trials and the Holocaust'. I tried it, and, sure enough, the link doesn't work. If you can find a working URL to that info, please let me know, and I'll include it, otherwise, that reference is gone. Thanks.

GTBacchus

Subbing stuff

Post 17

Foxbat

Hi GTBacchus,

Thank you very much for the nice comments ! Unfortunately, I am unable to get that page again smiley - sadface It will have to be deleted, but unfortunately I do not have my original login smiley - sadface Will you be able to do it for me ?

Thanks a lot smiley - smiley

Subbing stuff

Post 18

GTBacchus

Done! In fact, your entry is now in the queue for the front page. You can find the (hopefully) finished version at:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/h2g2/guide/A592931

Feel free to check it out. If there seem to be any mistakes, or if you'd like to make any last minute changes, just let me know and I'll see about getting it fixed up before it hits the front page. Meanwhile, congratualtions again! smiley - cheers

GTB

Subbing stuff

Post 19

GTBacchus

Done! In fact, your entry is now in the queue for the front page. You can find the (hopefully) finished version at:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/h2g2/guide/A592931

Feel free to check it out. If there seem to be any mistakes, or if you'd like to make any last minute changes, just let me know and I'll see about getting it fixed up before it hits the front page. Meanwhile, congratualtions again! smiley - cheers

GTB

Key: Complain about this post