This is the Message Centre for tacsatduck- beware the <sheep> lie

1/6th of 2004 gone already

Post 1

tacsatduck- beware the <sheep> lie

Let’s see we now have almost a full two months of 2004 under wraps and I have started making progress. I have actually been getting to the gym every week. It's not been as much as I wanted but it is a lot better then where I was at the beginning of the year. I have lost a little of the weight I have gained sense I moved to CT and had to stop actively playing Rugby. If I can keep up my steady week to week loss I will be at that level and move beyond before toooooo much longer smiley - winkeye. While I haven’t started taking classes at UCONN as of yet I have started volunteering at St Mary's hospital in Waterbury and that has gotten me used to a schedule that would allow me to take classes maybe starting this summer. I like the volunteer work and I guess I have been doing a good job. Actually I got stopped on Friday when I went to the cafeteria for lunch by the lady that runs the volunteer department at the hospital to let me know that my services have been requested at another department in the hospital (I guess that's a good thing) and they would like to know if I would be willing to change to another department that needs help and is a bit more difficult then what I have been doing. I guess I will hear more about that in the next week or so. I have in processed at my new unit in RI. Seems like a decent posting and if things are as positive as they seem I might reenlist within the next 4 months. They are talking about sending me to PLDC (Primary Leadership Development Course) so that I may be promoted to Sgt before the year ends. It will all depend really on my next few months and the PT test in April. I have to continue to work on my weight if I wish to come in under tape (as I will never make it under the maximum weight standard in the Army I have to do what is called a tape test where they measure your neck waist and height and find a very inaccurate body fat % as long as I come in under the max there I am good but as it stands right now I am more then likely over so I will have to keep working on it hence the gym from earlier). As far as the things from my past I have tied up one of the loose ends so now I am hmmm 1/6th done and hope to be 1/3rd done by the middle of next month. My social life has been up to par as of recently. I have a new friend here in CT that I have been spending more and more time with lately. I am quite happy about that but, it has come at the cost of hanging out with some of my friends in the city. I am sure that in the next month or two I will have a couple more opportunities to hang out with them though. Money for my dream house and new car...hmmm...I would like to put a little more aside then I have been, but that will have to wait till I finish up tying up those loose ends. The last thing on my list for this year was to take some trips that I have been putting off. I know what trips I want to take, but as of yet haven’t set aside the time or the money. I am still working on it and I hope to have a better understanding of this years schedule after next drill weekend. That's about it for now...many things on the plate to get to as of yet but I got a good start on the mashed potatoes.

smiley - chick
(smiley - cuddlesmiley - bunny)

Post 2

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

Wow, you've been busy...

Could one of those trips that you're planning be to this side of the continent?smiley - winkeye (C'mon, you *knew* I'd mention it somehow)

Post 3

smiley - laugh

I would love to but with the other trips I need to take I don't think I will be able to swing it anytime soon. smiley - winkeye

smiley - chick

Post 4

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

Fair 'nuffsmiley - smiley It was worth a try anywaysmiley - winkeye

Post 5

smiley - laugh

smiley - chick

Post 6

Mr. Christopher, enjoying the Magicians Guild game where he is called Polonius Franc, Elder Healer and local merchant

What kinds of trips are you planning? I hear New Orleans is nice.

Post 7

Upstate New York (Ft Drum)
Pitsburg PA
Jacksonville, Fayettnam, NC
Las Vegas (well actualy I wasn't planing this trip but a group that I belong to is...and they just happend to pick my birthday weekend to go so I might just have to go)

smiley - chick

Key: Complain about this post