A Conversation for 'There is no way to happiness - happiness is the way' (The Buddha)

A554032 Happiness is the way (The Buddha)

Post 1

sunny

http://www.bbc.co.uk/h2g2/guide/A554032

hi there. it's ok if you're not going to edit it - although I think it would make a good contribution as entry for 'Happiness'

best wishes - also to DNA, wherever he may be

Post 2

Martin Harper

Hmm, while the quote is wonderful, it's a little short for an entry on happiness... also, we have an entry http://www.bbc.co.uk/h2g2/guide/A195626 on Buddha already.

An entry on Happiness would be great - but you'd have to say more than one line!

Post 3

tonderai (wearing an itchy baobab hat)

Succinct and to the point, I thought. It doesn't claim to be an entry on everyone's idea of happiness, just the Buddha's. But then what do i know about that smiley - smiley

Post 4

Martin Harper

True, but the Buddha wrote and said rather a lot about happiness. In fact, if I recall, he created a religion largely based on it... smiley - winkeye

Post 5

sunny

thank you for liking it - and considering edition. I already put it as an appendix to the entry on The Buddha. And if I ever get around to formulate an entry that covers the whole subject smiley - winkeye I'll get back to you.

thank you for working for the h2g2 - and keeping one of DNA's brilliant ideas alive

cheers to you

Post 6

tonderai (wearing an itchy baobab hat)

hmmm yes it should be linked to from a comprehensive article ... perhaps we should have a uni project on buddhism? any volunteers ? smiley - smiley

Post 7

sunny

or on happiness??

Post 8

Mikey the Humming Mouse - A3938628 Learn More About the Edited Guide!

Short and sweet, but I'm still left wanting a bit more.

What do others think?

smiley - smiley
mikey

Post 9

Orcus

Ummm, me too.

Dare I suggest the sin bin or writing workshop?

smiley - smiley

Post 10

Martin Harper

I'll second a move to the workshop I guess...

Post 11

sunny

no need. I added it to the entry on the Buddha - I think that's were it belongs.

Post 12

Martin Harper

Well done sunny! smiley - biggrin

Thread Moved

Post 13

h2g2 auto-messages

Editorial Note: This conversation has been moved from 'The h2g2 Writing Workshop' to 'Peer Review Sin Bin'.

We've moved this Conversation because the suggested changes have already been incorporated into the Buddha entry - so it's not so much a 'sin' bin as a move to keep the Writing Workshop clean. smiley - smiley

Thread Moved

Post 14

h2g2 auto-messages

Editorial Note: This conversation has been moved from 'Peer Review Sin Bin' to ''There is no way to happiness - happiness is the way' (The Buddha)'.

Back to Entry - not suited for the Edited Guide.

<BB<

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for 'There is no way to happiness - happiness is the way' (The Buddha)

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more